New chin on his way home!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainey

chinchuckles
I'm going to name him Ham. I've never seen such a fat chinchilla! He came in a rather gross cage that even has some rust on it, so I'm going to be busy tonight trying to clean it up. He is possibly 3 years old and has been through 3 homes so far, so he's naturally very scared of me. His owner had no chew toys and was feeding him Fiesta and raisins, though she claims only occasionally. I saw no hay! Also his dust bath , which I think must be in his cage as a hidey house, is so chewed up I can't believe he's alive! Poor Ham, I may just take him to the vet and make sure he's all right. He appears okay to me but what do I know? I'll take some pictures when I get back because he really is beautiful :)

Awww.. so great you are giving Ham a good home!!! With no chew toys, it is possible he has teeth problems, but other than that he will probably be okay after getting on a proper diet.... please post pictures soon! I can't wait to see him!

I'm glad Ham is coming home with you! Poor little guy will do so much better on a healthy diet. I can only imagine how nervous he must be, going through 3 homes so far! Can't wait to see pics of him, I expect rolls ;)

He sounds EXACTLY like my fat chin. Her name is Pudge :p
Same deal, fed fiesta, given peanuts and raisins as treats, her dustbath was in her tiny cage 24/7 and was chewed to bits.... She's doing fantastic now though. When I get her, her poops were so tiny and she was scared of everything. Now she's doing fantastic, at a normal weight, energetic, and so sweet and cuddly.

Glad Ham found a new home :)) Post some pictures!

Not the greatest pictures to show off his fatness but he hates me still so hard to get a good one! I wish I'd gotten a pic of him on his hind legs, he looks ridiculous! :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

awww what a cutie!! I'm sure he'll learn to love you!! I hope he's healthy and you guys get to be great friends :)

haven't picked him up since I got him out of the old cage, but when I do I'll get a weight. I'm kind of excited to see how much more he weighs than my other 3! I think it may be awhile though, because he's currently on his shelf staring me down and chattering his teeth lol. All I ever did was try to love you Hamchunk!!!

Latest posts

Back