Mr. Fluffkins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sree933

RIP Mr. Fluffkins. Mr. Fluffkins was the youngest of my three boys, two years old. He was a standard grey whom I adopted after seeing an ad in the penny saver. I wasn't looking for a chinchilla; I already had two boys But something just called out to me, and my husband who didn't want any chinchillas to begin with felt we should bring him home, and so Mr. Fluffkins came home with us in November of 2008. While a bit shy, he was incredibly sweet and friendly. Unfortunately, he had malo of the roots (root elongation) and had to be put down today. He was no longer eating and had lost a lot of weight. It hurt me so to do it, but I couldn't stand that idea of him wasting away. To Mr. Fluffkins I say:

You were the sweetest of my boys, the only one who'd let me give chin scratches, and you took a piece of my heart. When I was having a rough day, I could always come up to your cage and see a friendly face. My other boys would be sleeping or ignoring me, but you would be there waiting for a scratch. I'll miss the way you'd lift your leg and turn your head when I give you chin scratches. I'll miss how you would try to run away from me on your wheel. I'll miss the way you'd hold still calmly as I would take you out of your cage. I'll miss the way you'd bravely run and jump off me as you explored the room. But mostly, I'll miss you.

IMG_0712-1.jpg

IMG_1739-1.jpg

IMG_1740-1.jpg

RIP Mr. Fluffkins. I'm very sorry for your loss. He knows he was very loved.

I am sorry for your loss! It's very hard decision you had to make, but you saved him a whole lot of pain. Give it some time and you will smile when you remember him and not feel quite so sad.

R.I.P. little guy!

I am so sorry. You did the best thing anyone can do, set them free from pain, I am soo sorry for your loss. Hugs sweety

You'll see him again one day... and trust me, he loves you for the kindness you've shown in doing this.

*hugs*

I am so sorry you had the tough decision to make to put Mr. Fluffkins down, but you did what was best for him to keep him from suffering. It is so hard to say goodbye to a friend. May he r.i.p.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :flowers5:

It's never an easy decision to make, but it is certainly a brave and kind one.

Mr. Fluffkins knew how much you loved him and I'm sure that he thanks you for releasing him from his pain.

Latest posts

Back