"Matted" hair on the chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wombat

One of my chins (the lighter one) has two really small spots where the hair seems like matted, or bunched up...the black one has one small spot...is that something I should be worried about? Or is that normal?

Where are the spots located?

Have you noticed if it seems that your chins are drooling? Are their lower jaws, fronts or bellys wet?

With a few baths of some decent dust, and a few tummy fulls of decent food behind them, that would be the time to make assesments! Not that they've been mistreated, more like "unknowingly handled" - give them some time to adjust!
Were you able to get that feed on Lawrence in Norridge?

Yeah, I got the oxbow stuff from them, they loved it! (Especially the little chubby darker one) I fed them each a cheerio today, and they loved it! They're becoming more active during the night, I can hear them running around. They've got two ledges, a hammock and a marble slab in their cage now. come friday they get their new cage!

And yeah, I'm kind of jumping to conclusions with the hair...I'm just a little worried, and I really want them to get the best care possible.

Back