looking for...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leowyldemi

Fresh grasses that are good for chins.I need a good list of any fresh grasses that are chin safe, also dried treats that are good for chins, i was told banana chips and raisins, but raisins have too much sugar in them IMO,except maybe golden raisins?Not sure about that one,and kishi doesn't seem to like banana chips, she won't eat them.
any good refferences would be nice, as well as any suggestionsi always fed silkie rose hips but kishi doesn't seem to like those either.I was told oats or good, maybe i'll try those.

No banana chips, no raisins, no matter what color. Bite sized, nonsugared shredded wheat, dried rosehips, the occasional cheerio, and chin safe wood to chew. That's it. They don't NEED treats at all, it's just the owner who does. :)

As far as fresh grasses, I can't answer that. I stick with good quality timothy hay or an oat hay as a "treat" for mine.

I don't feed any fresh grasses but I have read about owners feeding wheat grass (like you can get at the petstore in pots). I wouldn't personally introduce anything like that because the risk of causing intestinal upset is too great IMO.

Oats are a good and one of the healthier treats to give. I wouldn't mess with dried fruit, it has too much sugar. I buy chinchilla "cookies" consisiting of mainly oats and crushed rosehips and flax seed. All healthy in moderation of course :).

Back