Lisa's Chubbi Angel from Deena

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
As expected time's are very difficult for my family right now as we continue to mourn the loss of Lisa. On my way last night to mom and dad's for dinner and writing thank you cards I stopped at the mailbox to get the mail. It's been difficult as everyday there is a card from someone telling me how sorry they are I lost my sister.
But last night there was a box from Deena! I was surprised at first because I hadn't ordered anything. Then I wasn't surprised because it was from Deena and knowing her to be the kind, wonderful person she is, I knew it was something special for me.
I didn't open it, but instead took it to mom and dad's and opened it there. I read her heartfelt personal card first and got choked up before even digging through the popcorns, and there she sat surrounding by bubble wrap! A little Lisa Angel Chubbi! Deena had a made a breast cancer chubbi for Lisa a year ago and also a mental illness awareness chubbi for Lynelle, so both my mom and Lynelle were familiar with Deena's cute stuff. We all LOVE this Lisa Angel! It made me cry, because I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful forum family.

I took her to work where she hangs on my shelving! She's a little blurry because all I had with me last night was the cell phone. But she's a great reminder to never lose faith.

LisaAngelChubbi.jpg

Last edited:
I am glad you got her safely Laurie. I'm sorry it made you cry though! I'm crying right now reading this but I'm glad you all like it. I wish I could have sent a big hug with it.

That is beautiful. It makes me all warm and fuzzy to know that there's that sort of kindness in the world. :)

That is so wonderful. It's nice to know this forum is so supportive. That was infinitely kind, Deena.

What a great gift and she's a beautiful angel chubbi! I love the words on the plaque she's holding.

How awesome. I love the saying, the sweet little face, the halo and the breast cancer ribbons on the wings. It is perfect and I hope it gives you strength at work, too, Laurie.

Latest posts

Back