Just got my hedgie!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjhedgie

My girlfriend and I are serious animal lovers, and being away at school do not have the time during the day to take care of pets such as dogs or cats (although we both own them, they live with the rest of the family :)). After much research we decided that a hedgehog would suit our lifestyles. We purchased our hedgie from a local pet shop and she has been for the most part an exceptional pet! She is 8 weeks old, very outgoing and loves to snuggle up to anyone who is available. We have had her for a few days and noticed that her "snuffling" started to resemble more of a sneeze. This "morning" when she woke up she had a runny nose and gooky stuf around her face. A quick trip to the vet and we brought home some antibiotics to cure what the vet deemed an upper respiratory infection. She told us that the antibiotics should clear the hedgie up in a few days. Also, the vet recommended this website for all of our hedgie questions. After scrolling thru the forum, I found it VERY helpful.
So in short, hello everyone :) I will be posting pictures of our little girl shortly.

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully your little guy will soon be without a drippy nose. Have you picked a name for your hedgehog yet?

Good job getting your new little girl to the vet soon after noticing her drippy nose. And welcome to chins-n-hedgies :) Am looking forward to pics of your little one.

Congratulations on your new baby and good for you getting her to the vet so quickly. Can't wait for pictures. :)

Latest posts

Back