I apologize in advance for the stupid question....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chexy114

...but can chinchillas catch human colds? I'm very new to this whole thing and I just want to make sure!

There are NO stupid questions! Since humans often do not know exactly what they are sick with and some infections can be passed to chins, its better safe than sorry and stay as much away from them when you are sick and wash those hands good before dealing with their food and the such.

There are NO stupid questions!
I'm sorry, Dawn but I have to disagree with this because you are, of course, completely wrong. There are most definitely stupid questions when it comes to chins & we humans ask them all the time. A couple of examples: 'Hello chinnies, look I have bought you this very expensive toy. You will play with (chew) it, won't you?" or "Look I have found some tasty new food that's good for chins. You'll eat it up nicely, won't you?" See now they are really stupid questions because the more money you spend the less the chins will use/eat it. :rofl:

On a more serious note, I agree with this entirely. :yes:
Since humans often do not know exactly what they are sick with and some infections can be passed to chins, its better safe than sorry and stay as much away from them when you are sick and wash those hands good before dealing with their food and the such.

Last edited:
You got that right! They are little stinkers!
& thus is goes something like this, Dawn?
Chin - "Ooh look. Mum bought us this really expensive thing here....... *small pause while chins examines said toy* ..........Nah! don't want it. Where's that manky old bit of wood I've mangled into little bits?"
Human - "Do you like the new....? Oh, that's a no then. Why do I bother?" *sigh*
:hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:
Give the little farts a 25.00 carboard box shaped like a house because cute and they will ignore it and still work on the nasty box that came from Costco!

& thus is goes:
Chin - "Ooh look. Mum bought us this really expensive thing here....... *small pause while chins examines said toy* ..........Nah! don't want it. Where's that manky old bit of wood I've mangled into little bits?"
Human "Do you like the new....? Oh, that's a no then" *sigh*
:hilarious::hilarious:

Have you been having conversations with Shelly? I swear cardboard boxes are her favorite toy to destroy. Not the nommy wood I spend a ton of money on. Chins...:neener:

Not all chins prefer free stuff. One of my cages of boys ate their $100 wheel. :banghead:

Back