hyper chin!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leowyldemi

i just had to share this.
kishi is so full of energy this morning, she was jumping around her cage, and the way her cage is set up is there are ledges on one side and the other side is where her sleeping box is.
well just now she was jumping around her cage and ran up the wall of her cage on the "bare" side and backflipped off the TOP of her cage!:err: i'm amazed she didn't break her little neck! it scared the beejeebus out of me!

Is your chin eating and pooing? The reason I ask is when a chinchilla is going into stasis they become overly bright and spastic and it catches the owners attention and they think its cute. Its a symptom that is often missed and needs to be advertised when there is a spastic chin thread!

i've actually been keeping my eye on that, she's eating pooping but her poops seem a little small for me, normally they're about the size of a grain of rice, lately tho they seem smaller, the smae consistacy, just smaller than normal.
she gets lots of hay and she's been moved downstairs. she loves her hay lately and has been eating more of it.
normally she'll eat alot of pellets and just some hay, lately it's been the othe way around.
she was playing again this morning , playing with my daughter,but no jumps like that, that was a 3 foot jump!

Both of my chins will spaz and run around their cages when they see us come down for playtime. Edgar also popcorns in his cage like a kit which is really cute. You should see them fly around the sides of their playpen.

Change in environment can change the size of poop and behavior of a chin so I'd keep an eye on poops.

Back