House of leaves

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nemo369

I recently picked up a wonderful book. It really tries your mind in my opinion. I was wondering if any one else has read it. If so, what hidden notes/ names have you picked out of the foot notes and poems? I really enjoyed the way the author made the word House blue throughout the book, no matter what language it was in. :heart3:

I read that years ago after listening to his sisters cd. It was her cd that I found out about the book. I thought the book was definately interesting looking. And was excited to read it. But I do remember it took awhile to read and at times got tiresome. I think I liked it. Sorry I don't have much more to say about it. It was too long ago.

I read it on the plane when I went to Vegas in October, I think there was too much hype about it being 'scary'. I thought it was a good read and really interesting structure of writing though.

I agree that it wasn't scary, but it was an interesting idea. I had heard about it from a friend of mine who knew I enjoyed reading.

I've gone through my library hundreds of times by now. Every book
:dance3:

That book was unreal. I do agree with Nicki in that it was too long at times, and I had to push myself through. I liked how the words were set up like doorways or holes, and how certain words would be highlighted different ways.

I don't really remember much, just about the Thumper tattoo and the puppy.

House of Leaves literally BROKE my BRAIN. The way everything was printed only allowed me to read a bit into it, as I'm used to having stories printed in simple left to right format, not up to down to side to divided to... crazy format. Still have the book in my basement, so I might try to read it again.

Back