has anyone tried feeding sprouts?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellohedgie

i recently started making sprouts and i am going to start adding sprouts to my diet more and i was thinking about junebug and how maybe she might enjoy them as well!

sticking with veggies i know are safe i think i am going to try broccoli sprouts, the seeds are on the way, got em from wheatgrasskits.com

has anyone else ever tried giving their hedgies sprouts?? i thing she might try them because they are in the shape of a worm when sprouted!

it would be great it shed eat the broc sprouts, theyre really good for cancer prevention and are also filled with protein! ill let you know how it goes and i wont be able to start growing them for another week and a half plus the time to prepare them, any objections or insights on this topic?

I actually hadn't heard of broccoli sprouts before. Brussel sprouts, yes... and broccoli, yes... but not broccoli sprouts. Is it just baby broccoli? I've given Satin broccoli before - she anointed with it - you can imagine the green mess.

I've not heard of broccoli sprouts either. I've never given broccoli to my gang but I can imagine ending up with St Patty's day hedgehogs. :hilarious:

Yeah... and they woundn't just be a solid green. Consider those little green balls at the end of the broccoli. Satin looked green and sprinkled at the same time.

I eat broccoli all the time so will have to save some for my gang and see what colour of hedgehogs I end up with. Sprinkled green would be pretty.

Sprouts are newly germinated seeds. Think of after you've planted seeds and they are just breaking through the soil.

I would stay away from alfalfa sprouts, as I've seen numerous news stories over the years of them being pulled from stores due to salmonella.

yeah i have heard of that too, the sandwich chain jimmy johns is having trouble with their alfalfa too, i think for that reason.

i grow my own on a very small scale, careful to wash my hands and rinse them a lot. i haven't received the broccoli seeds yet so i havent tried offering any to junebug.

junebug doesnt like veggies! i feel like shes missing out, the only time shell even try them is if their baby food and i mix it with a meat flavor! so picky!

I haven't heard of feeding sprouts either, however some of my gang just love steamed broccoli. Very smelly poop though (but unfortunately I think that is common to broccoli).

Latest posts

Back