Hair Ring Check

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paws4Chins

Chin Spirit
Just did our first hair ring check on my 2 boys. I was easier than I thought it would be. Thanks to the video that was posted on another thread it made it easier for me to know what to do. Found a small piece of hair on one and nothing on the other. Did have a little bit of a hard time getting one of the Chins penis's to retract and I used lube. Do this happen on occasion if they get a little stimulated and what do you do if it does not go back in.

When doing a hair ring check I usually check quick and then let them take care of the rest. Normally after a check the male will go back into the cage and start cleaning himself

I was pretty quick. Have experience with doing this kind of thing with other male animals if they are having a problem in that area. I am a vet tech. The male that did not retract his penis quick did not have a hair ring so I did not have to fuss with that and it was pretty easy to extend it out prepuce. So it was not like it was out of the sheath for a long time.

Latest posts

Back