hair ring check

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaspersmommy

hello I was wondering if someone could tell me how offten
your sappose to cheek for hair rings. I have been doing it
once a month for my Chin Jasper but is this to long of a time?

Once a month is just fine unless you see him cleaning himself in that area often, then I would add another hair ring check.

At what age can you start hair ring checks? Ninja is about 3 1/2 months, haven't seen him checking the area but I was wondering when you could start on kits.

Oh, ok thanks Sandi! It's bad enough trying to get Zim to do it. I had even done it on Atlas the other day and he's 7 1/2 months. I'm glad I don't have to torture him for a while longer. I just got him to let me give him scritchies and I don't want to dissuade him from that.

One of my guys needed a check sooner - I was watching him 'enjoy his own company' and noticed that a ring was starting... as for monthly checks I find one of my guys (guess who) needs one more often, while another is always clean - so I let him go a bit longer. and one is right in the middle.

I wonder if they've been reading Goldielocks

I have some boys who never have hair rings, then on the other hand some who have them all the time. The one who has it all the time I started checking at about 8 months. He had huge ones, I think it depends on the chins.

Back