Fur chewing another chin in her sleep

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbur10

Sooo for the last 3 weeks I have been trying to figure out why my standard oldest girl of 4 in the cage has been fur chewing Orr alternatively who has been chewing her. I've never seen her chew and it seems to go from chewing to not chewing for a week to chewing it's odd I'm waiting for their to be chew marks on her spine where she can't get to herself but as of yet that hasn't happened so I can't tell for sure wether or not it's one of her three cage mates.
Any ways today I came into the room to find midnight my ebony sleeping cuddled up to sage with her mouth burried deeply in her fur but she was sleeping... When I starteled them and the scattered there was brand new chewing on sages fur in the exact pattern wher midnights mouth n chin was resting! So I'm now thinking she may very well be the culprit.
So my question is a. Could she be sleep chewing?
B. Could she just be chewing for a dominance thing as sage is the oldest and matriarch of the bunch but hardly the biggest n toughest...
And c. Would she fur chew just sage without fur chewing herself or the other girls?

Or is it likely still just sage herself... They all seem supper happy, I'm hoping maby extra play time will curv the random behaviour... But if midnight is infect sleep chewing her cage mate how do I even go about preventing that?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back