Funny Story {Kinda :P}

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CookieMonster

So its been a week since i have had Khloe and i had kinda gotten used to the fact that she likes to sleep on the highest ledge standing up sometimes it looked like she was sleeping with her eyes open i thought nothing of it ... But Yesterday My husband calls me out to her cage all worried.. Khloe is thrown on the floor just Laying there KNOCKED OUT.. it seriously looked like she had dropped dead.. i was like OMG no this cant be happening.. so without thinking i open the cage to touch her and BAM she jumps up so high she almost touched the top of the cage.. she scared the crap outta me lol.. after that she gave me the stink eye for awhile like you big meany why you waking me up... after wards i got online and searched about their sleeping habits and found out they sleep with their eyes open when aren't used to their surrounding so now that she feels safe and comfortable enough she throws herself vulnerably anywhere in her cage to sleep lol She is a little diva that likes to redecorate her cage with the hay ..mostly she throws it EVERYWHERE lol... she rather sleep on top of her house than in it :p She doesn't mind being held and LOVES her bathroom playtime every time i open the cage door she runs up to it and peeks out here is a pic of what that looks like :p

Attachments

• DSC01288.jpg
    DSC01288.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01286.jpg
    DSC01286.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01284.jpg
    DSC01284.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01290.jpg
    DSC01290.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 41
I have had this happen several times to me. Once I came in and saw Pepper's head just hanging out of the tube sideways. I freaked out and sorta poked him and he jumped probably just like Khloe! He seems to favor that position, but it still freaks me out every once and a while.

I about had a heart attack especially when she jumped up hehe.. she is just adorkable lol i swear her little character matches mines perfectly she is just as dorky .. I just changed her bedding and OMG she went nuts jumping all over the cage and popcorning lol... Now every time i catch her sleeping like that i peek just to make sure she is breathing normal.. once i am sure she is i let her be i don't want to freak her out again lol.. i cant wait for her hammock to get here i know she is gonna LOVE it :D i am such a nerd but I am like amazed at everything she does... & I think she is the coolest :D

Awww.. Khloe is a little cutie!!! I just love it when they popcorn :D I would be scared too if I saw my chins like that. They have never slept like that before. Tribble likes to sleep in his little wicker tunnel and he curls up like a cat. ;)

lol, My Cadbury does that sometimes too. He'll be laying at the bottom of the cage, and I freak out momentarily, until I'm able to reach in there and poke him.

Back