Funny noises

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwthoo

I have a 5 year old boy named Cody. Standard grey male but recently he's been making a lot of noise. For the checks I've done on the internet, it seems like he's making the mating call, but he makes it for everything! When I walk by, when I'm sitting in the bathroom with him, when I'm sleeping. He didn't make this much noise before, and now recently he make almost like a long squeeking/ clucking sound to which I have never heard of. I'm worried that he might be hurt and I check him everytime but he seems perfectly fine, does someone know what this means??

He's like the little boy who cried wolf!!! If he calls you ALL the time, how will you know when he REALLY needs you??? Time for a little tough love/ignoring his calls...

That doesn't help with my question.

What they are saying is that he has learned that when he calls, you come running. Therefore, when he wants something, he calls. It is a learned behavior.
When chinchillas are hurt, they tend to hide it, not vocalize. That tells me that his vocalizations are for want, not injury.

One of my chins does this everyday when I come home. He makes that cute chatter noise constantly, then sort of coos when I play with him <3

my chinchilla makes that sort of noise all the time! if i go sit near the cage, he runs out and jumps onto my lap and will just sit there and make the noise.
so cute.
when he does that, it makes me feel really connected to him. lol. like, i feel like hes talking to me hahah :p hopefully that doesnt make me sound crazy!

Back