Fruitables?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lovette's Kara

Has anyone heard about these fruitables dog treats?

They are for dogs, but there doesn't seem to be any meat in them. The ones I have are pumpkin and apple, which is made with pumpkin, organic oatmeal, pearled barley, whole ground potatoes, oat fiber, apples, canola oil (mixed with tocopherols, a natural preservative), organic molasses, cinnamon and vanilla.

I was wondering if they were safe for chins? I have them for my cats (who love them) and was curious if they would hurt my Tobi if one of the cats had left a bit and Tobi found it...

There website is here: www.fruitablespetfood.com

We use selected organic ingredients like Organic Oatmeal, Organic Molasses, and Organic Graham to drive natural flavor and efficacy in all of our products. All of our treats are baked in an Organic Certified bakery.
Well, the oats won't hurt in a tiny amount, like 1/2 teaspoon, but the molasses and graham is pure carbs which are bad for them. So keep them away from it.

I'm sure if Tobi just found a left over scrap and munched it he will be ok. But I would not feed one to him! The fact that there are preservatives in them worries me and the vegi oil and potatoes. The molassas can be ok as it is the binding agent in many pellet feeds but seeing as these are made for cats and dogs they are made with those animals needs in mind and the ammount of each ingriedient reflects that. If he find a crumb ok but don't feed one too him.

I would not use them either, especially since they are made for so much bigger animals.

I also agree - I don't think it's going to kill him, but I wouldn't give them intentionally. I think I need to check them out for my dogs though! Those sound like a really good, healthy treat.

Off to Amazon...........:)

The only thing in there that would make me hesitant is the molasses because in most chin treats they use blackstrap molasses which has a different type of sugar content that doesn't upset their bellies like regular sugar does.

Otherwise maybe you could use their ingredients and make home chin treats :)

Back