Extreme dry skin or fungus?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmileX3

I had a chinchilla and was giving her away as a present and as I was transporting her, in the sunlight I noticed the backs of her ears were extremely dry. They looked almost like brownish crust. I don't know if I should treat it as dry skin or as fungus. She just sent me a couple of pics of her ears. I don't want to expose their family to fungus. I thought it was just dry ears and gave her to them but as I was reading on here, I got nervous after hearing about fungus. She doesn't have any hair missing on her nose, mouth, eyes or genitals. The ears just look extremely dry. Any advice or thoughts on this will be helful. Thank you in advance. The last 2 pics are just so you can see her overall appearance.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 44
  • christmas 2010 086.jpg
    christmas 2010 086.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 40
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 38
  • SDC10500.jpg
    SDC10500.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 32
  • SDC10167.jpg
    SDC10167.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 34
It looks like dry skin. I've had chins with that before. Nothing to really worry about. You can buy Vitamin E and apply it to both ears.

my chin has that on the back of his ears i researched fungus but its only his ears nothing on his skin/feet/nose/mouth, i used to give him dust baths every day or every other day but since cutting down the amount of dust baths his ears are better than they were so i think it must be dry skin.

Back