Epic Poo [Picture underneath]

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

catahstrophic

So I was cleaning out Sonic's cage. We had her on Nancy's liners for a few days, but that's when she started having the really bad diarrhea, so we put her back on shavings since we had to clean it SO often.

She's been on the medicine for awhile now, and her poo's are finally more solid and not occurring as often. So I decided we will try the liners again.

I take everything out of her cage, and under her wheel, I find this HUGE poo. I was like OH MY GEEZ! I'm hoping it was more than one poo. I clean her poo out every day [more than once a day...usually 3 times...morning, afternoon, and before I go to bed] but I never saw this one because of where she had it under and behind her wheel.

It's massive.
[See IMG_2567]
I don't know if that's just...one LARGE poo after an eating frenzy or WHAT. Hahaha. That's a ping pong ball for comparison.

I asked her what was she doing?!
And this was her response [see IMG_2574]

Has anyone had a hedgehog have a poo this size? I don't know if it's a medicine reaction or WHAT!

Attachments

• IMG_2567.jpg
    IMG_2567.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 101
That's not that huge, I wouldn't worry about it. Could be her favourite "spot" too so she went there a couple times.

My girl regularly makes 2-3" long logs, preceded by a couple smaller "starter" poops. Occasionally, they get smushed together and look a heck of a lot like what you have in the pic. So, using Satin as a reference point, that amount seems perfectly normal to me. But, if it's out of the norm for your hedgie, I'd give the vet a call.

Maybe it was a wheel-poo? When I was away one time my parents were taking care of Sweet Pea and apparently she thought she was a dung beetle and rolled a massive golf-ball sized poo in her wheel...

Latest posts

Back