Emergency/First Aid Kit for Chinchillas...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandi

non-stop poop sweeper
Not sure if this thread belongs here....but I have tried doing a few searches on this forum as well as the chin supplies wanted/for sale. For the newbies and/or anyone else for that matter, is there a list of what a chin owner should have on hand in case of an emergency? Does anyone here sell chin emergency/first aid kits? I'm asking because I have 2 new boys and I want to have on hand items for first aid in case they have a cut due to a fight breaking out between them before I can get to a vet and other type of items for example if they stop eating, get constipated, etc. I know to have critical care on hand for instance but I thought maybe someone here would have a good list of stuff for "just in case".

Thanks!

I know there was a list of first-aid items on CNQ but I can't remember what like 90% of them are. I'd have blukote and lifeline, activated charcoal powder (can be found at GNC), acidophilus powder... hmm that's all I can think of. Hopefully someone else can help ya out more...

Thank you, this is a great list, exactly what I needed. I thought I covered my bases before I posted this thread. The first few days after CnH came up, I was on this forum all day just reading all the FAQ's, I must have missed this one. When I tried to do a search for "emergency aid" or "first aid" or first aid kit or just one of those words, one of these errors kept coming up -

"The following errors occurred with your search:
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : first, aid"

Thanks again!

I believe a few of the rescues on here sell some first aid supplies (menagerie & maybe Carise? I cant remember off-hand)

There are also a couple chin-stores that sell full kits. I'll see if I can dig them up
~Barb~

Back