Ear Problem!?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SS-I

Hi all, I just noticed that there is something on the inside of my 12-year old chin's ear. Below is a picture, anyone familiar with this?

There's nothing on the back of the ear, just that thing in there.

Attachments

• DSCN9004.jpg
    DSCN9004.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 34
I don't know WHAT that is, possibly some kind of fungus? If you don't hear from somebody today that has a clue, I'd take him/her to the vet to get something to put on it. If you find out, please post what it is. I'm really interested in finding out myself.

Cheryl

It looks like a scab, from some sort of injury to me, but I would also bring him in to the vet to get a scrape done to make sure it is not fungus, and if it is not, maybe some cream or something to help it heal.

thanks for the replies, should I bring her in to a vet who's specialize in exotic and/or small animals or any vets will do?

Try to find a vet with chin experience. This is not a huge deal, but with that old of a chin, you need a good chin savvy vet anyway.

back from a vet, he said it looks/feels like a scar from an injury, doesn't need to do anything to it unless it grows bigger.

Back