Confused on weight changes..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it's normal for a chinchilla to have minor changes in their weight?
When I first got Momma my scale said 718g, the next day I saw it was wrong. (probably the surface I had it on) I weighed her everyday and she shot up around 40g that week. (668g-710)

Well, a bit later,for the past 3-4 days I see her weight has been fluctuating between 715g-723g Scale says she's gained a few one day..lost a few the next.

I know my scale can't be screwing up..I weighed Misty after Momma to be sure of this and she always stays at a weight of 472g. (shes a smaller girl)

So, would this be normal? The gain a few-lose a few?

And because I know I'm going to get the question.. :)
Her poop is still a little loose (squishy), but it's looking a alot better than the diarrhea she had when she came to me. (Seeing her poop now- I realize what I was looking at when she first got here was ,indeed, diarrhea..sigh)

also because pictures are always decent..look at that ball-belly!
[and yes, the cardboard wrap around the cage was only temporary until we got the hard-ware cloth.]

Attachments

• lmmm.jpg
    lmmm.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 26
A few grams could be the difference between a full bladder and an empty one. Also are you doing the weights always at the same time of the day, different times could mean different weights depending on when they ate last.

Wow, would've never thought of that..
I've been weighing her at around 5-5:30 pm.

Latest posts

Back