Clean food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrogge

I'm a brand new chin owner. I have done a lot of reading.. and it appears that chins mostly want clean food. As in.. they want hay out of a container of sorts.. and will mostly ignore hay that has fallen to the cage floor.

Is the same true for TREATS? I am about to purchase some pumice chews and also some apple sticks. Will they last days/weeks each or will the chin ignore them after they have been on the cage floor for a few hours??? That will help me determine how many to purchase.

My chins don't have anything wrong with stuff that has been on the floor, most chins will pull out bits and pieces of hay that they don't like or don't want what ever it is, as long as the wood or pumice hasn't been peed on I would just put it back to where ever the chins prefer to pick them up at and start over.

I don't put hay in a container and my pumice stones and sticks (the few that ever touch the floor) sit on the floor. It is a neverending battle to keep stuff off the bottom since it will get thrown there anyway. I usually pick up some of the clean hay and put it somewhere cleaner, but they usually end up eating some of the old hay too.

Latest posts

Back