Chin chewed through my mouse?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy

Hey guys,
I'm posting this under the emergency because I'm freaking out and it's going to turn into one if anything happens to Misty tonight. =(
Suddenly my mouse stopped working and after re-starting I looked down to see she had chewed through the mouse line and got thru it pretty well. I didn't know her cage was THAT near the line. I don't see how she got that far over. Anyway. Can someone who has had a chin chew on something like this tell me what to look out for tonight? I'm SO afraid she ate parts of it. I don't know what to do. I'm using the tab button like a mad person to get through this site.. thank you chins n hedgies >.<

If she didn't get shocked she will likely be fine.

Watch to be sure she is pooping and eating and drinking

I hope she would make a sound if she did get a shock. I had no idea she chewed it until 5+ mins later.

I'm not sure if she would get a shock from it, but the plastic coating on the wire could cause some problems. I had a chin escape from his cage overnight and chew through a cord. He sustained a shock as well as an impaction from the plastic coating he ingested. Keep an eye on her appetite and poops. If any one of those change, it would be a good idea to get her to the vet.

My chin chewed to the wire in several spots on my fan cord. It was too close to her cage. She ended up being fine. Just watch your chin for several days and if she seems ok, acts ok, eats and poops ok, then she should be fine. My fan, on the other hand, isn't safe to use anymore!

Back