Change In Behavior?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshB.

One of my chins, Zion, seems to be really affectionate. I've had my two chins for about a month, and he has bonded with me better than his brother. During play time, he will follow me around, jump up on me, sit on my lap for a little, and let me carry him around. Monday though, during play time, he seemed really different. Instead of coming up to me and playing on me, he hid and ran away. When I tried to pick him up, he wouldn't let me, and he didn't follow me like he usually does. Yesterday we had a short play time, and he still wasn't himself. He was more affectionate than he was on Monday, but still didn't want to climb on me or get up on my lap. I'm just wondering what could cause this change in behavior, or maybe he was just in a bad mood? Also, I don't know if it could change anything, but I got a haircut on Monday, and I've read that some chins just really like things to be the same. Thanks for the help, and sorry for the long post.

Back