cardboard?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SSGSteane

is it safe for chins to consume? One of my chins have been eating it all day.

Depends on the cardboard. Plain paper tubes from paper towelling and toilet paper is okay. It's even fun to stuff these with hay and let them eat the hay out. Cardboard with printing on it isn't a good idea as they don't need to injest the ink from the printing.
Your chins are still very young I would keep an eye on letting them eat too much cardboard for right now. Focus more on healthy hard treats such as apple wood or willow treats.

You have my phone # if you need some twigs I can give you some and a couple of toys for free.

Depends on the cardboard. Plain paper tubes from paper towelling and toilet paper is okay. It's even fun to stuff these with hay and let them eat the hay out. Cardboard with printing on it isn't a good idea as they don't need to injest the ink from the printing.
Your chins are still very young I would keep an eye on letting them eat too much cardboard for right now. Focus more on healthy hard treats such as apple wood or willow treats.

Don't want to repeat the same thing, but this is exactly what I have heard.

Jean

The only thing I will add is make sure there is no glue on the cardboard either. Paper towel tubes and toilet paper tubes will sometimes have some remnnant glue.

I agree with the glue comment. Also, be careful of tubes made from recycled material - there might be ink left on them (something I read somewhere).

Back