Best sleeping situation?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

VanessaBobby

Was wondering what the best sleeping area/situation is for chins. Currently we just have carefresh bedding and he tends to sleep in his "house" or on top. I've heard of people using fleece lineres and hammocks. Do chins really enjoy hammocks? Where can I purchase some of this stuff?

No chins don't "need" hammocks or fleece liners. But some chin owners, like myself, love to spoil our chins. Some chins like the hammocks some don't. They do need some where they can hide and feel safe, like a little wooden house. Basically chins will sleep where ever they want really.
As far as buying some of the fleece stuff, you can get it all right here from our members. Just check out the classified section.

I would love to spoil our chin too, I'll check the classified section, thanks so much for the suggestion!

Most of my chins only go in the bedding to relieve themselves; most sleep on their shelves or ledges. I've tried hammocks with just about everyone here, and no one has really taken to them.

Tika didn't much enjoy her hammock the first couple of weeks, but now days i always find her in it. BUT she dosn't really sleep in it, she prefers her pine shelves cuddled up in the corner or sprawled out on here side.

Tinkerbell sleeps in her house in her cage, outside the cage in her pen she will sleep in her tunnel or in a cardboard box. The majority of the time it's her house. I have never seen her sleep in her hammock. I've never seen her in her hammock at all except there is poop evidence there so I'm assuming she's either flinging poop or she is actually in her hammock at some point.

No chins don't "need" hammocks or fleece liners. But some chin owners, like myself, love to spoil our chins. Some chins like the hammocks some don't. They do need some where they can hide and feel safe, like a little wooden house. Basically chins will sleep where ever they want really.
As far as buying some of the fleece stuff, you can get it all right here from our members. Just check out the classified section.

Ditto all this.

I did get myself some hammocks recently and some of my chins love them and are always in them, and some don't care for them as much. For sleeping they just sleep whereever they want, I have huts, fleece liners, and hammocks. I like the fleece liners personally because I have five chins and I figured it would be cheaper in the long run instead of constantly buying aspen, or whatever it is you use, i used aspen. Couldn't use the Carefresh because mine ate it and even though it works great, didn't want to chance them getting ill. So I have about three liners for each cage, and I put ties on them to tie them onto the cage, and when I have a load to be washed, I just wash them. But everyone has their own preference as to what they want to use for the bedding, or should I say bottom of the cage. As long as it's safe for them, you don't have to use liners.

jean

Each chinchilla has their own prefered spots. In the house, on the house or in the food bowl, no matter what they have to sleep on the will sleep where they want. Homocks are nice for some but some won't use them. but there are some great fleece items sold by members here.

One of my chins always, always sleeps in his fleece tube, while the other can be found sleeping in a different area each day. In his hammock, in his house, on top of the house....would he could he in a box, would he could he with a fox? Yes, all of the above.

Fleece tubes are no. 1 here. I can say, nothing can replace it, even if it's all grubby and torn, I still get that look on their faces when I take it out to clean.

Here it is fleece tubes for those who have one. I got two that sleep ON their wooden house, and a couple that seem to like to sleep in their litter.....

We have two chins that love their hammocks ,, the rest love their tubes. I have to say the tubes do win over the hammocks with chins using them.

Back