Behavior during estrus

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyBug

Sometimes I love too much
I have three female chins (no males) and I am curious about what to look for behavior-wise during estrus. For about two days, Carmen seemed tired and cranky, and she also spent a lot of time licking at her genitals. This morning, she was back to her old, happy, bouncy self. I was wondering if this is typical behavior during estrus. She never stopped eating, and since she is fine today I'm pretty sure it's not illness. I'm open to any suggestions/opinions though!

Are there any outward signs? I just noticed one of our two new chins, has some swelling and a trace amount of blood around her genitals, and I am trying to figure out what it may be. Any ideas?

Roflmao!!! Yep i would definately say some chinnies have pms. Lol i just had one go through her cycle and her mate kept twitering at her and apparently she had enough and turned around and barked and nipped at him. It was kind of funny cause it was like she was saying "leave me alone, enough already" "i have a headache" lol

Back