Bad feet? and Spot

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annieo

Loving Pet Owner
I was checking Handbag out tonight and his feet look awfully dry. I looked back through the posts but I honestly couldn't tell what was dry feet and what is the beginning of bumble foot.

Also, I noticed that yellow stain by his penis. Normal?

feetn.jpg

TBH his feet look fine & the yellow stain is just a little urine. Nothing to worry about :)

Yep, I agree with Claire. The feet are going to have a little bit of dry skin on them anyway..kind of like a dog paw.

A few of my lazy guys have pee stains around their bottom as well..they just pee and sit in that spot for awhile. :rolleyes:

Feet look normal to me Annie, sometimes I think they look a little "rough" but it you look at the pics in threads with bumblefoot you can see he is nowhere near that. He's on his nice fleece now too isn't he? That should definitely help.

My guy's feet look like that. I've been doing bag balm treatments, much to his disappointment. They're not bad, but I'm still taking precautions. My guy should be ok seeing as around 3/4 of his wire-bottomed cage is covered by tiles. He just pees in the uncovered part.

I'd think they're just fine, unless you're a worrywart like me and want to use bag balm! ;)

He's tootsies look good. No need to worry. Tell him to stop sitting in his pee after he uses the restroom. Silly boy.

Bag balm can be used, you just don't want to use it too often. The feet do need to stay a bit dry/hard because it's what gives them cushion and protects the bottoms of their feet when they are bouncing around. Feet that are too moisturized/soft have more of a chance of getting scratched, cut, etc.

Latest posts

Back