Awkward Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessa.31

Hey there,
well this is kind of a weird question but im going to ask it anyway. On male hedgies cane you feel their "parts" and im not talking about the part that you can see that people say looks like a belly button, im talking about the other parts, Can you feel them under their skin, is it nomal to be able to feel them??
Thanks,
Tessa

For some boys, you can even see them under the skin. It all depends on how the male is being held and if the hedgehog is holding its testicles up inside him more or not.

Thanks! I was just wondering because i didnt know if it was something else or if there was something wrong with him. I just wanted to make sure that it wasnt something serious.

My little guy's testes are fairly prominent. You don't need to palpate the little guy to know they're there. You can clearly see the two rounded mounds.

Vets seem to think he's fine.

He's just a low-rider, I suppose ;)

I actually rushed Irwin to the vet when I first got him because I thought he had some sort of growth. The vet laughed until he cried. :embarrassed:

Ok I'm glad that this is normal, because Oscar's are HUGE. It's like in every picture, my boyfriend and I laugh bc they are like half the size of his body!!! This is going to sound weird...but sometimes his u know what comes out, usually when he's sleeping, and it's almost like he's chewing on it...I'm so embarrassed to even ask about this, but I haven't been able to find out anything online, or in any of the books I've read! Does anyone know about this?

This is going to sound weird...but sometimes his u know what comes out, usually when he's sleeping, and it's almost like he's chewing on it...I'm so embarrassed to even ask about this, but I haven't been able to find out anything online, or in any of the books I've read! Does anyone know about this?
Many boy hedgies are fond of pleasuring themselves. I'm guessing that may be what's going on for your little guy.

Unless he really *is* chewing on himself. If you're seeing blood, that's a different story.

No, no blood. Ok, as long as that's all it is. I just want to make sure that it's nothing abnormal. The first time I saw it, I thought he was having some sort of seizure!!

Just wait until you've had him long enough to pinpoint his "boy activities". Chance is notoriously difficult to medicate, but I've found he's calmer and more willing to take meds if I catch him during boy time. Luckily, it's every night at 8pm, like clockwork.

LOL!

HAHAHA! Oh my gosh, I think Oscar just randomly decides...or maybe "it" decides for him! He's really great w/meds...he loves the way it tastes! Unfortunately, when we first got him, he must have picked something up from the pet store, and I had to give him antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection :(

Back