Air Freshener

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am feeding a mix of Mazuri and MannaPro Show. The MannaPro show has Yucca in it. I have noticed that maybe the smell is decreasing as I have been gradually switching them over to better feed. The breeder was feeding Sunseed and as the weeks have gone by and I am feeding less of this and more of the better feed their might be less smell. I have another week of mixing the feed so maybe that will do the trick of reducing smell. Thanks for the suggestion on Yucca. I know that Yucca is supposed to help with the ammonia but had not thought of checking my feed until you suggested it.

you could try using some Nature's Miracle

Hand not thought of Nature's Miracle. It is a great enzymatic cleaner that works well for dog and cat urine. I bet it would work on Chin urine as well. Does anyone else use this? Is it safe? If I put it in wash and do extra rinse will there be any residual that would effect my Chins?

I would not use anything stronger than white vinegar and warm water around my chins living area. It doesn't matter if you don't get it all rinsed off, it doesn't have a powerful, perfume like aroma, and it does a tremendous job of cleaning. I use it on my rat cages, and if it can freshen up a rat cage and make it smell like new, believe me that chin cages will be a breeze. I also wash my animal bedding in it. I just dump a bunch in the washer along with the bedding and some laundry detergent (I use an organic type), and they come out smelling fresh and clean. Even the ferret bedding comes out smelling fresh and like new.

Back