4th of July Big Kids

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauralynne

Chinnie Maid
Like I said before, our family is borderline insane when it comes to 4th of July (and after looking at these pictures, some of you may say, "Borderline?!?!")
Every year they make up some new fun game/sport. Well, this year it was Roman Candle Baseball. Oi Vay!

(My hubby is the one in the white shirt w/ the bat.)

Attachments

• July 2009 030.jpg
    July 2009 030.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 117
  • July 2009 031.jpg
    July 2009 031.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 120
  • July 2009 032.jpg
    July 2009 032.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 118
There's an accident waiting to happen. I'm glad of two things 1) fireworks are illegal where I live; 2) you don't live anywhere near me.

There's an accident waiting to happen. I'm glad of two things 1) fireworks are illegal where I live; 2) you don't live anywhere near me.

Oh, I know! I've nagged and nagged for 9 years on the crap they do. Now I just stay away, zoom in as far as I can with the camera, and let them be idiots.

My husband's family and friends use to war with roman candles. They would split into two teams and aim roman candles at the other team. I can't believe no one got hurt!

I'm such a wimp when it comes to fireworks. I pray my husband lights them safely, and I sit as far back as I can to still be able to view them!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one, Jenn. I was feeling bad for posting that a bit ago. Hubby said something about having the fireworks at our house, and I immediately said, "Are you kidding me? Your family is not going to be doing their fireworks until 2 am at my house disturbing my chinnies!!!!!!!" :)

Um, I hate to admit it but it sounds like something my husband would do. :confused2:

This reminds me of my brother! This year, however, he was "bitten" by a ladyfinger.

He was outside in the back yard lighting off lady fingers and throwing them in the air. I hear a POP sound followed by him screaming "OH MY GOD".... He runs in the house, holding his hand and says "I wasn't in the correct throwing position!". I started laughing.... because I knew he wasn't hurt and his expression was totally priceless. But he did burn his hand a little bit. Well, more like singed it. I told him to sit down and relax so he didn't pass out (he was really worked up about it). I guess he learned not to do that anymore AND THANK GOD it wasn't something more powerful than a little ladyfinger.

My husband is the same way aswell... so childish when it comes to things like this. The main reason I told him NO to any type of fireworks around my house. The only reason why my brother had lady fingers is because they were left over from last year. (that my genius father bought) >_<

We have roman Candle fights all the time, no one has ever been hurt you just dont let kids play thats all.

It's better at night

Um, I hate to admit it but it sounds like something my husband would do. :confused2:

mine too.:thumbsup:

one time when I was little I was at a family function and my uncle was drunk and he threw a bag of fireworks into the bonfire. all I remember was my dad and my other uncle tackling me and throwing me behind a large rock and telling me to stay there. god my uncle is stupid!:banghead:

Latest posts

Back