Heartland Group Fall Field Day - Oct 19, 2013 - Burlington, KS

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kansas City Chinchillas

2013 Heartland Chinchilla Group Fall Field Day

Date: Saturday – October 19, 2012 - 10:30 A.M.

Type of Show: Live Standard Show / Live Mutation Show/ Combined Pelt Show

Judge: Jim Ritterspach

625 South 3rd Street
Burlington, Kansas

Reservations:
Country Haven Inn, 207 Cross St., Burlington, Ks. 620-364-8260
Wolf Creek Lodge, 919 N. 4th, Burlington, Ks. 620-364-1454
Wyatt Earp Inn, 2745 Hwy 75, Lebo, Ks. 620-256-6351
Townsman Motel, Hwy 54 & 75, Yates Center, Ks. 620-625-2131

Admission Fee: $7 per animal entry fee for first string, $4 per animal entry fee for all other strings entered.

Strings will consist of 5 animals. You may enter as many strings of 5 as you want. Only the string with the highest cumulative points will be considered for breeder award. All animals must remain caged and in the exhibition Hall at all times. Policy does not allow animals anywhere except the exhibition hall.

Animals may be entered and caged after 7:30 P.M. FRIDAY

Entry and Grooming: 6:00 A.M. to 10:15 A.M. SATURDAY
Caging available until 10:00 A.M. SUNDAY

Show Committee: Mike Lawrence -- (620) 490-0325 – (Show Chairman & Awards Official)
Vicki Merritt – (816) 726-1542 - (Registration Chair)

New chin mom here, never been to a show and I am not a breeder so I was wondering what all goes on at shows to see if its worth me traveling over 400 miles to get there. My chin is a rescued chin from craigslist, unknown background. Was possibly interested in getting a cage mate, roughly how much do they sell them for? I live in the bootheel.

This show is only 2 days away. There will be several very nice chins for sale, usually prices range from $75-$300. Even if the chin you like is not priced on the silent auction, it never hurts to ask the owner if it's for sale. In the Spring show here, I sold one of my class champion females for $100 and the Reserve Grand Show standard sold for $125. There are always really nice chins to buy at very good prices. Hope everyone can make it!

Results:

Standards

GSC Bob Smith
RGS Bob Merritt

Mutations

GSC Rich Ryerson (Black Velvet)
RGS Mark Miller (Black Velvet)

Breeder's Awards

1st Mark Miller
2nd Bob Merritt
3rd Rich Ryerson

Congratulations to everyone who showed!!! I hope you all had a great time.

Anyone have details as to how many exhibitors and animals in both standards and mutations?

Back