Ferret nation side by side

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poofybutt412

Van anyone show me any pics of a ferret nation pit together side by side...I was thinking of getting another FN and possibly connecting them together on the sides to make a longer cage...
Thanks alot

Do you have a single or double stack? Chins prefer Height (more jumping) than length for the most part. If you just have single stacks I would recommend adding the second level to make it tall before elongating it.

Both of my adult chins prefer length (wild chinchillas are rock-hoppers), and when I got my double FN, one of my chins never went onto the second level. I think every animal is different.

That being said, I have two FNs that I am going to combine within the next few months, and I will probably make a thread to track my progress. Here are some pictures I have found of other's double double FNs.
DFN_006.JPG

DSCN1565.jpg

4947089506_d19c67c2a0.jpg

Double TRIPLE, anyone?
pdcagenew2.jpg

I am so happy I found this. I am getting a Critter nation tomorrow, (assuming my work gets it in!) and I plan on somehow connecting it up with my Ferret nation.
My plan was to keep the top side where it was and take out the bottom sides connecting it together, but I was unsure if this would be stable enough or not. I am thinking of buying metal rings or metal clips and using those to connect them together.

What I have read is that you remove the side panels of each, and secure them with zip ties. You can see the ties in some of the pictures.

KitsuneGem, I am unsure if you would be able to connect an older FN to a CN, because most CNs (and newer FNs) have different/no hardware. Just something I had read.

Jen, I haven't personally started using fleece yet, but many other users here have. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Many of my posts don't seem to be posting... I responded yesterday...

Anyway, my understanding is that you simply remove the side panels and connect the cages via zip ties. I will post more when I link mine together.

Jen, I haven't converted to fleece yet, but I'm sure someone else would chime in.

KitsuneGem, I had read somewhere that because of the assembly method of the CN, you couldn't link two together. I'm not sure, but it might be something to ask someone with a CN.

Many of my posts don't seem to be posting... I responded yesterday...

Anyway, my understanding is that you simply remove the side panels and connect the cages via zip ties. I will post more when I link mine together.

Jen, I haven't converted to fleece yet, but I'm sure someone else would chime in.

KitsuneGem, I had read somewhere that because of the assembly method of the CN, you couldn't link two together. I'm not sure, but it might be something to ask someone with a CN.

: ) I would have to disagree on the FN and CN not fitting together... They fit just fine and my chins are loving the new space. The CN I have is the exact same as the FN, the only difference is the bars are closer together and are horizontal instead of vertical (It was supposed to be an inch shorter in width and a half inch taller, but I don't see it at all.) . Granted it was a pain in the but to put together, some of the metal parts where bent, but nothing a rubber mallet couldn't fix!

I have the bottom panel out and everything held tight with zip ties. Takes up a lot of room and I will have to re-arrange my whole room soon (meaning moving my desk that has about 200LB of water on it from the fish tanks on it), but it was worth it.

Once I get the fleece liners in there I will post photos of it. Its not to pretty right now :( The FN has bass pans, while the CN will have liners.

The FN currently is covered in willow branch bits, they got a ball of it last night and made short work of it.

Last edited:
Back