Fading ebony?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathiva

Kathiva La Diva
My chin Malina has a white bum, and I wondered if you guys have ever seen an ebony with a white bum like that or if you know if she would end up getting whiter everytime, like fading whites, I just find it estrange but cute, any opinions would be great
thanks

SDC10565.JPG

SDC10568.JPG

What lines does it come from? I had an X dark eb male that turned almost totally white over the years. He had no whites in his pedigree in the 8 generations I have info on.

According to my files,

Malina's parents are both ebonies, her grand parents on one side is ebony and standard and the other ebonies.

I have this information because I took in a couple of her kits from Burgess Chinchillas.

According to my files,

Malina's parents are both ebonies, her grand parents on one side is ebony and standard and the other ebonies.

I have this information because I took in a couple of her kits from Burgess Chinchillas.

Yep, that's right, her parents were both ebonies and she was bred by becky west, she has torgeson and west lines

What lines does it come from? I had an X dark eb male that turned almost totally white over the years. He had no whites in his pedigree in the 8 generations I have info on.

How old was he when he turned almost all white, did he ever produce any whites or any ebonies or other colors with a white bum?

The lady that I purchased her from said that she was just getting old, that's why she was turning white, which I think she might be slightly whiter than two years ago, but it is hard to really tell,
she also has white fur under her arms and under her legs, just like her bum

Jags,
I am thinking the Fading Whites, I wonder if Malina and yours may have the gene.

I haven't ever really looked into the Fading Whites, but just wondering.

He has never produced any like him. He was 4-5 years old when he started and now at 11 years he is almost white. I also have violets that turn white in the head area.

Back