Your chins' favorite treat item(s)?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your #1 chinchilla treat?

• rose hips -please specify crushed or whole

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • sticks -please specify type

Votes: 40 39.6%
  • willow balls

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • cookies -please specify

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • other -please specify

Votes: 38 37.6%

• Total voters
Dried Banana, hands down. If there's some outside his cage that he can smell, he'll bark for it. I like to hide it in his cage cause he always finds it. Even if it means tossing out all his pellets to get it out from the bottom of his food bowl, lol.

my chinchins like eating hay and raisins. I only give them raisins about once or twice a week.

Mine like whole rose hips and apple twigs :) The bark is always gone within seconds haha

Yumi gets excited about oats and willow sticks. I started her on the oats because I wanted to "train" her to come to the sound of the container shaking after our previous chin was lost.

I would have to say that my girls love their oats and fresh mulberry twigs as of right now. Once we move into our house I plan on buying tons of various chew toys for playtime and for nights when playtime can't be done due to classes and such.

Shreddies and oats are faves in our house. Red Willow and Cotton Wood are her favorite woods to chew. I've learned if she can pick it up and run away with it she will destroy it. Shelly likes to carry her toys and hide them all over her play area.

Here the girl love Croc's Herb
I must always have some home loll

Back