What chinchilla food do you feed?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go through about 50lbs a week and finally had a ton custom milled. Got tired of the feed quality fluctuations, and it is cheaper.

My boys have been on oxbow for 7 yrs with no problems at all, my new girls came with mazuri, which is what I am feeding them now, but I am considering changing them over to oxbow as well, so I don't have to get 2 types of pellets.
But I am still in the thinking stage, I can get both feeds pretty easily, but which feed is better is my question.

Becky gets her feed from a dealer down near her now. We feed 3 1/2 bags a day and became a dealer a couple of years ago. Now its delivered to the house where I used to have to drive 6 hours one way to Ohio to pick it up with my van and trailer.

I wish they would deliever ours! I had to become a dealer for the mill to sell to me, but with the small quanities I need, it's pointless for them to deliever to us. I just drive down every 2-3 months for a new batch... Gives hubby the excuse to stop in at That Pet Place/ That Fish Place and do some fish shopping, and hit Cabelas up on the way home for some hunting gear :p

Back