What are the ages of chin owning members?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are all the chin owners here?

• 10-15 years old

Votes: 27 7.4%
  • 16-20 years old

Votes: 67 18.3%
  • 21-25 years old

Votes: 116 31.6%
  • 26-30 years old

Votes: 57 15.5%
  • 31-35 years old

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • 36-40 years old

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • 41-45 years old

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • 46-50 years old

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • 51-55 years old

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • 56-60 years old

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • 61 and older

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
I'm 20 (21 in July!) and have had my chins since last June and this November. I'm still pretty new to all this excitement but I'm loving every minute of it!

I'm 22. I purchased Jasper(and Digit--RIP buddy!) July 29th, 2001. So I've had chins for 9 years this past july. Which means I purchased my first chinchilla at 13. Jasper is still with me, and lives in a pet cage with a rescue I took in, adopted out, he came back to me, I adopted him out again and he was returned yet again. So he and Jasper share a pet cage together.

I started breeding roughly 3 years later, and today I have a herd that consistently stays between 65-80 animals at any given time including babies.

That is crazy! I'm 22 and I have 1 I could not imagine having that many chins right now but that is awesome! I hope to have more in the near future :)

This year was the big 50. Started out with pets and moved over to showing and breeding. Its a great hobby for me and I really love the chins.

I am 43 and always had pet's my whole life. Owning a Chinchilla was a childhood dream, that I finally fulfilled 2 weeks ago. Got 2 at the same time, so they can keep each other company and I love to see pets interact. They are so cute.

I´m 23 and got my first chins this year, am LOVING it so much. Even though I´ve only had them a few months they have taught me so much patience ('No, you can NOT chew on that!!' )

Im 36 and have owned 'chillas for about 5 years now, I want to say. Ive owned all kinds of pets, but fell into the 'chilla hobby by accident, when my sister gave my son one of hers.

I'm 21 and I got my first chin last month and its been a wonderful experience. I couldn't of asked for a better chinny ^_^

36 and got my first chin :) my kids are due to leave for college within the next couple of years ...Possibly maybe will get another chin or two

I became addicted to watching chin videos on youtube and researching to learn all i could about them my freshmen year of High School when I was 13. I'm a Junior now(16) and have my first chinnie. I love her to death. She loves to have scritches under her chin:)

I'm 18 and I got my first chin (saved her from a pet store!) when I was 17, and a few months later I adopted my second chin from an animal rescue... I'd be happy to have chins for the rest of my life! Perhaps another hedgie too:)

I'm 21 and have had a chin since July of this year lol. I decided I wanted a chin 7 years ago but got a guinea pig instead. He's actually still alive but my mom kept him when I moved out and has now formed an attachment to him :p

All three of us (my self and 2 sisters) each own a chinchilla so we love sitting around and "chin talk" with each other.

This is pretty interesting, I wouldn't have thought my age group would have the highest representation. None of my friends have chinchillas!

I'm 25. I got my first chinchilla (Winx) at 18, when I entered college.

Oh my god, I love your sig! Giggled so much! I'm going to have to tell that to people, so they understand the proper classification. I'm not fat, I'm not a BBQ I'm blocky and perfect for breeding! :tease:

Back