What are the ages of chin owning members?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are all the chin owners here?

• 10-15 years old

Votes: 27 7.4%
  • 16-20 years old

Votes: 67 18.3%
  • 21-25 years old

Votes: 116 31.6%
  • 26-30 years old

Votes: 57 15.5%
  • 31-35 years old

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • 36-40 years old

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • 41-45 years old

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • 46-50 years old

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • 51-55 years old

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • 56-60 years old

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • 61 and older

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters

clarinuto

chin smitten
I'm curious to know what the age range is for chins-n-hedgies members and also how old the majority of the chin owners here are. Happy voting!! :)

Thanks for the responses so far!! I look forward to seeing the results as more of you vote :)

Well, apparantly chinchillas will keep you young Mt. Zion and Marie.. as it seems to be a pet for the 20 somethings out there, LOL :)

Well, the real question is, when did you all start owning chins?! How old were you? I'm 26 and only have one baby now-my first-but plan to adopt a buddy for him in the next year or so, and when I have more room for more cages and play areas and storage...I want a few more:) No breeding, too complicated for me, lol, but I am now officially addicted to chinchillas! And I'm sure I'll still own them when I'm in my 50s-he could very well still be alive (I hope so) when I'm in my 50s, holy crap-he's not even a year old yet!

My boy, Sunny, is the coolest pet I've ever had and I've had a LOT, though he's more like my 2nd child!!!! I decided to check out chins after watching an episode of Diego on Nickelodeon with my 3 1/2 year old daughter-Diego helped a baby chin find its family-it was white though and I thought they're only grey in the wild. Anyway, after quite a few days of research, I commited to getting one, found my baby, and am now addicted to this site, too:)

I'm 22. I purchased Jasper(and Digit--RIP buddy!) July 29th, 2001. So I've had chins for 9 years this past july. Which means I purchased my first chinchilla at 13. Jasper is still with me, and lives in a pet cage with a rescue I took in, adopted out, he came back to me, I adopted him out again and he was returned yet again. So he and Jasper share a pet cage together.

I started breeding roughly 3 years later, and today I have a herd that consistently stays between 65-80 animals at any given time including babies.

Last edited:
I'm almost 43.

I've had a chinchilla (or several) in my life for at least the past 15 years. It all started when I had a dream that I was a chinchilla breeder. It came completely out of the blue. I looked more into chinchillas and the rest is history.

i dont have one yet because im gonna get a job to support and save up for one 1st. but im 16. im hoping to get one durring summer so i can have that much more time to bond with him/her

i am 11 and have 2. i got my first one valentines weekend and my other one roughly 3 weeks ago

I'm 44 and got my first chinchilla a little over a year ago. We now have three boys, been to two chinchillas shows and shown two of my boys. All of this convinced me I like being a pet person so we are happy with boys if we decide to add to our herd.

Back