Tilly- my beautiful strong girl

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry you had to go through this, Tilly was a special girl and you are a special Mom, please take care, you are in my thoughts.

Thank you so much everyone. I'm still so heartbroken. I know it'll be awhile until I can stop crying. I stayeed home from work. At 8am gizmo was making call noises for her... it broke my heart so much.

I am sorry for your loss. Tilly was a special little one. May she rest well. I hope your other babies will help to ease your hearts ache.

Sorry about Tilly. I was reminded of this poem..written for a cat loss, but I adapted it..

God Asked the Chinchilla Spirit

And God asked the chinchilla spirit
"Are you ready to come home?"

"Oh, yes, quite so," replied the precious soul.
"And as a chinchilla, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself."

"Are you coming then?" asked God
"Soon," replied the whiskered angel.
"But I must come slowly
My human friends are troubled
For You see, they need me, quite certainly."

"But don't they understand?" asked God,
"That you will never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined, for all eternity,
That nothing is created or destroyed,
It just is... forever and ever and ever?"

"Eventually they will understand," replied the chinchilla,
"For I will whisper in their hearts - that I am always with them
I just am... forever and ever and ever."

— Author Unknown

That poem really touched me. I am not religious, more spiritual and this whole experience has left me wondering if they really are with us always. Your poem makes me think so. I hope in my deepest heart of hearts she is at peace. I wish I knew for sure. I wish she could tell me. I just keep thinking right now she is so sad to be gone away.

I am struggling with this more than I thought I would. :cry3:

I understand how you feel. I was like that when I lost Scooter, my guinea pig. We had only been together a few months before he took ill and died, but he still managed to wrap his little paws around my heart.

sorry you are struggling with your decision. i know you have been dealing with Tilly not feeling well for a while. sounds like you did the right thing. time will make the pain fade but the memory of sweet Tilly will always be fresh in your heart.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this with Tilly. It is the hardest thing letting them go and I know you are having a hard time but please take comfort that she is now pain free and she will always live in your heart. Hugs to you and rest in peace sweet Tilly.

Give yourself time, it'll take a while. Cry and talk about it as much as you need to.

Trust yourself that you can come to peace with this--I really think your intuition will give you all the answers you are looking for once you can clear your mind.

im sorry for your loss after reading all the post i cried a little when reading this rip tilly

after reading the poem i broke out in tears it gave me an idea of what your going through stay strong

I'm so sorry for your loss. :flowers4:

Tilly was very lucky to have a chin mom as unselfish as you. Making that difficult decision to let them go takes great strength and compassion. She WILL be with you always, and she'll be forever grateful for your kindness.

Latest posts

Back