Tilly- my beautiful strong girl

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillygizmo

My kids have 4 feety's
I arrived home from the vet about an hour ago. I let Tilly go to sleep tonight. She was beginning to suffer so much and I didnt want to continue to have her be in pain. She began drooling continuously and her ferocious appetite was dissipating. She no longer wanted to play for more than 2 minutes at a time. I didnt want to wait any longer for her to get any worse. She was worth so much more than that to me. Tilly was my very first chin 7 years ago. She is the reason why I fell in love with chinchillas and why I have my other 4 beautiful little ones in my life. She inspired me in so many ways.

I remember when I was in college and my parents were in the middle of moving away from our hometown. When I came back for the weekend, the house was empty and it was just Tilly in her cage. It was deafiningly quiet. All of my thoughts and feelings about moving toward my future and leaving thigns behind arose and I held Tilly and cried. She sat with me so peacefully and she brought me so much comfort in that moment.

Thats who she was. She was comforting, joyful, feisty, and resilient. I will never forget her and she will always be with me. I am heartbroken beyond what words can describe tonight...but I know it was right and I know we will all be okay. I will cry so hard for awhile. . and miss her everyday.

I love you Tilly, I am so sorry for your suffering. I couldnt ask for a better girl. Thank you for all the memories. :cry2:

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a very special girl. You made the right decision for her, as hard as it must've been.

I am so very sorry. You know you did what was needed, and I hope the pain subsides sooner rather than later.

I'm so sorry for Samantha. I will get you what you asked ASAP.

I'm sure because of her you will also be joyful, feisty, and resilient...soon.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I do understand, but try to take comfort in knowing you did the best you could for her, including ending her suffering when it was time. I'm sure my Chico and all the other babies we've all lost will meet her there at the bridge to show her around.

rip Tilly. may Rainbow Bridge be just as good to you as your human was.

sending big hugs your way Samantha, and know that you did the right thing.

It´s always hard to say goodbye to such a special little friend, I hope you will be ok know that she is at peace now. I´m sure she has a wonderful seven years with you.

Tilly sounds like she was so very special, and I know what a difficult decision it was to let her go. You are very brave and love her very much to do what was right for her. She will always have a special place in your heart, and will always be there with you. May she rest in peace.

So sorry for your lost - I know it is hard but she is in a better place now and someday in the far future you will see her again. Love to you and your other furry friends

I truly believe that the kindest, most loving act of compassion we can do for our beloved friends is to let them go to a peaceful & dignified ending when the pain of living is too much for them. It never makes our pain less but please take some comfort in knowing that giving Tilly release when she needed it is a testament to your love for her.

Sleep well, Tilly.

I think she had an amazing life with you - and you were both better for it. Saying goodbye never gets any easier - very sorry for your loss, sister, but proud of you for loving her through it :( RIP Miss Tilly

Latest posts

Back