Paralyzed Chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry you had to make this decision for him. It is something that his original owners should have done for him long ago.

It is not an easy position that you have been put in by the original owners and, as Meanie says, they should have done the right thing for this little fella before now. He deserves a gentle and painfree forever sleep - that you have chosen to give him rest speaks volumes.

Will be thinking of you both.

Last edited:
Crysta,, I am so glad that you got this chin and not someone off of CL. I know we talked about him being PTS and I think you are doing the right thing by going that route. I am so glad that he is with you right now. Give him a little scratch from me.. I will be thinking about you and the little guy.

I'm so sorry, Crysta. I know this is tearing you up. It makes me so mad that his original owner wouldn't do this. I'm so glad you are taking care of it, and that someone on CL didn't get him and keep him as a novelty.

Aww I'm so sorry!! I was really cheering for this guy, but you're making the right decision. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and give him chinnie kisses from me and Kingston! I hope that you feel better soon, I know this is hard.

I think you are making the right decision.....and you also know his last few days he has been loved so much..he is getting more from you in the few days that he is with you than he has gotten from his original owner....please feed him lots of rose hips and raisins for me

I have read this story about 3 times and i keep catching myself looking at the pics of this poor chin wrapped in an ace bandage and it breaks my heart literally into a million pieces. Essentia I don't know you at all but what I do know is that you seem like a wonderful person and most definately a WONDERFUL chin owner/care taker. I hope everything goes well at the visit with the vet. I find it kind of ironic how you were supposed to go to vet today and he called and said to wait til in the morning....it seems to me that maybe its a sign from God. Like he wanted you to have that extra day with this little guy. :( This is so sad and heartbreaking. And I wish you the best...and be strong! Be strong for him. He needs it. But you seem like a VERY strong person so that should be no problem for ya. :) Wish you and the chin the best for tomorrow ! I will be thinking about you all ! (:)
I do have a question...I think i must have missed the part about the original owner of him. Did they abuse him? What caused the paralysis???? Sorry if its already been posted but i seem to be having trouble finding it. Thank you and God Bless !

I do have a question...I think i must have missed the part about the original owner of him. Did they abuse him? What caused the paralysis???? Sorry if its already been posted but i seem to be having trouble finding it. Thank you and God Bless !

He got smashed by a china cabinet I believe, pinned between it and the wall.

You are a good a loving person Crysta. Never feel this act was nothing less than that of love and mercy. Again many blessings to you!

I think i must have missed the part about the original owner of him. Did they abuse him? What caused the paralysis???? Sorry if its already been posted but i seem to be having trouble finding it.

His original owner dropped a china cabinet on him and it broke a vertebrae on his back. He got behind the cabinet during playtime and instead of her using a treat or dustbath to lure him out she tried to move the cabinet.

Last edited:
Crysta, I just wanted to send you a hug :hug4: I'm having a hard time typing because my vision is blurry with all the tears :tissue:. You and your hubby and Houdini are in my thoughts and prayers.

:cry3: I don't know what to say....... except you've been a ray of sunshine for the little guy.. Thank you for being there for him:hug2:

I've had to make this choice for my loving companions several times over the last few years. Pretty much, most of my four legged babies are entering their geriatric years and all of the problems that go with age. But it doesn't really matter how long they have been loved by you, what matters is that you do love them. My Daddy,love his heart, always was there to tell me that if you truly love a pet,you have to love them even more to let them go.Even as he was on his deathbed, he made me promise that I never let any animal suffer needlessly.My heart goes out to you and yours for making the final choice. Just always remember that you love him enough to let him go.If your heart doesn't hurt over the loss of one of God's blessed creatures, you wouldn't be the wonderful person that you obviously are. Here for support any time you need it.

Never an easy choice to make - and I'd tell the previous owner what you went through to try to save him!

I'm not telling her anything other than he passed away. She would have a fit and slander my name across the universe if she knew I put him down.

I'm so sorry you were put into this position of making this heartbreaking decision. I hope for only the best for you both, and that he will soon be painfree.

Are you going to see if there's a way to fix him first? I'm sorry, but this is so sad, and I wish something could be done. Such a long life, to be cut so short. You're doing the best for him.

I'm not telling her anything other than he passed away. She would have a fit and slander my name across the universe if she knew I put him down.

The less she knows the better..did she say she would contact you wanting updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back