My sweet baby Bear...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
I tried so hard for you...but you just couldn't hold on anymore....

I'll miss you so much, I'll miss you coming to your cage every morning and begging to be let out. I'll miss your beautiful shiny black fur, your cute little looks, the way you'd rather groom me when I let you out to play.

I wanted a chinnie like you for so long. I was so happy when I finally got you. I can't believe your gone. I've did everything I could think of but it still wasn't enough.

This happened too suddenly. Just a week ago you were running around trying to keep all the sticks from Bostin, begging for treats, and bouncing off the wall. I held you all night but you waited until I put you back in your cage just for a little bit so I could get some sleep. I love you sweet baby. You tried so hard to keep going for me. Please watch over me and your brothers. I'm not sure how much more I can take.

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

******!!! I had so hoped this morning to come in and see he was improved. I'm sorry Stac. You did everything you could for him. I was amazed he was holding on so long for you, it just shows how much he loved you and just how much you were doing for him. Now to figure out what he had.

RIP little guy. Your mommie and many of us loved you.

I am so terribly sorry to be reading this today. :(
Sometimes words seem inadequate - this is most definitely one of those occasions.

You are in my thoughts, Stacie. :hug:

RIP Bear.

Oh Stacie...I am sooooooooo sorry for your loss. I have been following your thread on Bear and was so saddened when I saw this. My thoughts are with you in this time of grief.

RIP Bear.

Stacie, I am so sorry for your loss, it is absolutely heartbreaking :tissue:
I was hoping to see an update today that Bear is improving....
You fought so hard....
Sweet baby Bear is pain free now and he is watching over you and his brothers.
We miss you Bear. Rest peacefully now.

Sending big hugs to you and the boys :heart:.

Oh, Stacie....I am sooooo sorry. I'm crying with you, and I know many others are as well. You've been put through the wringer lately, and Bear will watch over you and his brothers.
Rest in peace sweet Bear baby. Love you.

I am so sorry sweetheart, you have all been through alot.That was Bear's most precious gift back to you, he sensed that it would hurt your heart soo much to let go of his spark of life that he waited until you were safe.Hold tightly to his gift as long as you need to for your comfort, then give him the gift of putting the bad memories aside and exchange them for happy ones of him playing and frolicking both here on earth and in Heaven where God will watch over all his precious creations unti you arrive to help one day. In christian love and comfort. Dana:halo:

said it all on FB. so sorry. im still crying. the people in my office want to know whats wrong and i cant even explain that a person i have never met had a pet that she loved so much and it died. only the people here would understand why i literally have tears streaming down my face. i am so so sorry. rip bear. you were loved by many

I'm so, so sorry Stacie :( I was hoping so much that he would pull through for you. He was so well loved, and I know he knew it too :heart3:

I also hopped on this morning to see how Bear was doing. :( I am so, so sorry to see this happened. Rest in peace now little Bear. Keep a watchful and loving eye over Mommy and the other fur babies.

I've had to come back a few times as I can't see the keyboard through all my tears. I just can't get my words out but you know how I feel. I'm sooooo sorry Stacie, I know you tried so hard! :( Call me if you just need me to listen.

Thank you so much to everyone for all of your support. I've had a few hours to get everything out and finally process all that has happened. Running on about 3 hours of sleep over the past few days has really left me raw.

Thanks to my friends who offered themselves to listen...I would call you guys that offered to lend a ear but I'm afraid all you'd hear was me sobbing. I can't talk much about it yet because I just get choked up and tears start flowing and I am at a loss for words. Please know that I really truely appreciate your thought. I especially want to thank Peggy for letting my little Bear cub come into my life.

I am somewhat at peace to know that Bear can breath better now, and is pain free. I am just hurt that his illness came out of no where, and I have no idea what happened. These past few days have been sort of a blur. As pet owners we try everything we can to keep our pets healthy, but when they get sick anyway and you ultimately lose them, it is just a stab in the chest.

I can hardly bear to walk into the chin room, I want to be around my boys but it just hurts too much right now.

I called the vet and let her know what happened. She called about the culture and said the results will be coming in tomorrow.

Stac, we are here if you need us. Hopefully that culture will give you some closure as to what happened to Bear and a bit of peace of mind. It may not change the results, but at least you'll know what happened.

Someone once told me when I was extremely upset over the sudden loss of a hedgehog to not mourn for what I have lost, but to celebrate that they were. Remember that he was with you, that he was happy, had a good life, and has left you with good memories.

Oh Stacie I am so sorry for your loss. You and Bear have been the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning. I was really hoping that he would be feeling better today. I am giving you an your boys big hugs through my tears. Please know that Bear is running round and breathing comfortably. He loves you and knows how much you love him. In my heart I know he is watching over you and his brothers. (((Big Hugs))) You were the best mommy he could have ever hoped for.

I'm very sorry. I know the sense of deep loss that comes with the death of an especially beloved pet. It's just as bad as the loss of a family member. He was a very handsome boy. :(

I'm so sorry, Stace. :( There are no words to express what we're feeling for you right now. I know how much you loved and treasured Bear...he was such an awesome little guy. I hope the culture can give you some answers. I'm so sorry. PM me if you want to chat...we're all here for you to call and if you need it...we can sit on the phone and cry with you. :hugs:

Latest posts

Back