Mia...the newest addition

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16awlyh.jpg
k9taip.jpg

2145xyx.jpg
vd37dl.jpg

New pictures of Mia...as you can tell she isn't that little anymore lmao

tak8xe.jpg

2n8zz94.jpg

Mia has this little game, I guess you'd call it, that she plays with Daddy. When he gets up from where he's sitting, Mia will run and get in his seat and watch for him to come back. If he goes to sit somewhere else, she'll run to that seat really fast and take it from it. If he goes to another spot, she runs to it. She know's he'll finally give up and sit with her. lol

This is how I know when the bus is getting close to the house...
o9raea.jpg

I'm sorry about your dog passing away... :(

Do the chihuahuas gang up against the beagle? The one dog that is least chihuahua like gets mistreated by the other dogs here - the "pure" chihuahua is their leader. Those little dogs are just so strange!

I heard something on the radio about how there is a very unusually high amount of chihuahuas in shelters now. That's a little scary!

OK. I must admit. After being in class with several women that bring their Chihuahua to class, they are pretty darn cute. One is a tea cup Chihuahua and I didn't even know it was a dog the first time I saw it haha. The other is a chiweenie. (Dachshund/Chihuahua). Cutest freakin thing on earth. I would get one if I wasn't afraid I would step or sit on it. haha

Adorable little dog.

Thanks Brittney.

Suan, the beagle is our outside dog who is a big baby who loves attention and to play, so we don't let her around the chihuahua's because her head is the size of their whole bodies (LOL) and were afraid she might accidently hurt one of them. She used to play with Lady, the German Shepard.

I need an "outside" dog! My husband is very partial to little dogs. I want a big doggie...actually, I want a bloodhound because of the ears and the wrinkles, they're so adorable. With the chins here I am pretty much pushing it...I really think he'd want a divorce if I had more animals since they take up so much of my time. :)

Chihuahuas aren't really like a pet. I'm more like a slave to mine. Forget ever getting them to not go up on the furniture or any of the other things that people train their dogs to not do. Heck, forget ever getting to put out a pile of clean laundry for more than half a second without a dog burrowing into it! I think chihuahuas are more closely related to moles than to dogs. :D

lol Susan

The only time my mom has a problem with a dog burrowing in the clean laundry is when she puts it in "Mia's" rocking chair. There's a rocking chair near the Christmas tree that Mia sits in a lot. If the clean laundry gets put in it (just long enough for mom to start another load) then Mia is in it.
Other than that she doesn't bother it. Mia is the only one that gets on the furniture, the other two would rather be on the floor. lol

I've got a bad habit that when I go out to the store, I always bring something back for Mia. Mia has started to expect it too. It's always either a new toy, a rawhide of some sort, treats, or something. I can't help it. lol
I thought about getting her a new pet bed, but she's got a habit of tearing them up lol. Right now, in their 'room' they've got a cage without a door as a bed with a sheet in it laying on top of to furrying dog things my mom bought when we got our first chihuahua. Well, Mia drags the sheet out of the cage and through the house.
The last time mom washed their bedding, Mia was trying to drag the hamper of clean bedding. (it was a small hamper) It was adorable.

We've had 6 chihuahua since I was a baby. They have all been so laid back and quiet, except Mia. She's hardly ever quiet and when she is, she's either into something or sleeping. There's never a dull moment with her.

I have the same problem with doggie beds - they get shredded and destroyed within a day or two of giving them to the dogs.

If I have a load of laundry up on the bed and don't get to it or turn my back for a bit, it will have a little dog hiding in it. That would be alright, but only if the dogs got bathed every day...I don't bathe them everyday because they would probably stage a revolt!

My dogs aren't laid back. They're all crazy. Hoss is the dictator and everyone must do as he says or get barked at for an hour, Joe is the little simple follower of Hoss yet would sell Hoss out in a minute, Fifi is not very smart but she stands up for herself and Hoss leaves her alone, Bear and Boo are just insane and do whatever they want because they know that there really are no bad consequences. Mostly my dogs think it is funny when I get angry...they're really smart, they know that I won't really do anything to them no matter how much I squawk at them!

Oh Mia loves making mom squawk at her. Right now mom is making a quit and shes got the bottom layer and the layer of cotton laying across her bed while she works on finishing the top...Mia gets dragging the layer of cotton off the bed lol.

There a big black cat that belongs to the neighbor that keeps coming down here and starting this with my cat Elvis. He is Mia's best friend so Mia keeps wanting out so she can go check under the porch for that cat. She's chased it up the driveway this morning.

Chihuahuas like cats...that's another bizarre thing...they like them TOO much. I won't even tell you what Fifi does to the cat. My husband insists that we must submit it to some funniest videos show because we'd win. To me, it's a little disturbing...

New beds (just one pictured, the other is in their "bedroom") and new toys

Letting Buffy lay with her because Daddy was in the house
64l7i0.jpg

Buffy returned after Mia ran her off because she touched her toy lol
24m6h6a.jpg

Mia isnt the best at sharing, but shes working on it lol

Back