MCBA Atlantic Chapter 2011 Show, York PA

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL and before Tiff gets home and corrects me again - she did have a medium ebony that took Res. Phase. I just finished matching names to cage numbers and awards - I miss not knowing which animals are whose!

Switching topics, MAN those meatballs are good.

Who took home the fudge?

There wasn't any left this year... haha

Awww, sounds like a lot of fun! Can't believe I had to miss this year. :( Congrats to everyone that showed so well! :))

Can anyone give an update about the meeting after the show? What was discussed, what was decided? I know I haven't paid my membership in a few years...but I do follow up on things :)

This was a great show. Happy to have seen everyone again and the new faces also.
Hope everyone will be there next year.

Congrats to EVERYONE, winners or not... those who made this show possible and the clean up crew.

It was great

Ange,

The meeting was fairly short- We discussed the york show and decided to move the show..Next year it will be located in State College PA, the date has not been decided yet. We also discussed a date for the picnic- looks like August 14th will be the date for the picnic and that will be held at Dave and Chris's house.

Ange,

The meeting was fairly short- We discussed the york show and decided to move the show..Next year it will be located in State College PA, the date has not been decided yet. We also discussed a date for the picnic- looks like August 14th will be the date for the picnic and that will be held at Dave and Chris's house.

Oh, no! Are you serious? :( Dover was so close!

I just looked up the new location for the show....looks like it will be the pretty much the same amount of time for me to get there so MegFarris and I will still be there!

Cheryl

We're both happy and sad about the move - State College is only 3 hours from us (and a straight shot south!) as opposed to 6, but we really liked the York trip each year.

So we're compensating and going to Nationals to get our long trip fix. :)

We're both happy and sad about the move - State College is only 3 hours from us (and a straight shot south!) as opposed to 6, but we really liked the York trip each year.

So we're compensating and going to Nationals to get our long trip fix. :)

LOL Dee I think you'll be the only ones upset that a show isn't Farther away from you!

I'm glad to hear that you'll be going to Nationals now though!

Cheryl

But we didn't want it to be farther Cheryl! 6 hours is pushing the edge of what we're willing to travel in one weekend, and Mike has a really hard time getting his hours right so he can come! So I'm not complaining about it being closer. lol

It only added on an extra half hour.. So it will be 2.5 hours from me instead of 2.. Not a big deal, and is worth it. Considering the amount of trouble we have at the current location each year, and the cost of the hall this is a much better choice for the chapter.

It still remains a neutral location for our northern members, not a large amount of time added for our southern members and can actually draw in members from OH and MI now as it won't be as far as a haul for them. I really think over all it will be better for the chapter. It will lower the costs associated with the show (yep, shows cost the chapter money to run!), not to mention the new place will have a/c if we get hit with a warmer day in april.

It only added on an extra half hour.. So it will be 2.5 hours from me instead of 2.. Not a big deal, and is worth it. Considering the amount of trouble we have at the current location each year, and the cost of the hall this is a much better choice for the chapter.

It still remains a neutral location for our northern members, not a large amount of time added for our southern members and can actually draw in members from OH and MI now as it won't be as far as a haul for them. I really think over all it will be better for the chapter. It will lower the costs associated with the show (yep, shows cost the chapter money to run!), not to mention the new place will have a/c if we get hit with a warmer day in april.

Ugh, we have had a couple of hot ones the past few years!
And the price is super good.
I know of at least one breeder who will be willing to come now who couldn't travel all the way to York - better attendance is never a bad thing!

It still remains a neutral location for our northern members, not a large amount of time added for our southern members and can actually draw in members from OH and MI now as it won't be as far as a haul for them.

It adds about an hour and 20 mins for me, which doesn't make much of a difference when you're already traveling almost 7 hrs to begin with. I actually like the fact that I can now skip the DC/Maryland traffic on a Friday afternoon since it's further west - that seemed to add another 2 hrs for me to come up to Dover for a total of 9 hrs. So in the end, it'll come out about the same for me. It's still the closest MCBA show for those of us in the south east unless the SEC chapter starts up again, so we can't really complain.

Last edited:
We also discussed that Megs will be taking over the trailer with the show equipment!

I booked the hall in State College today. I am going back tomorrow to take pictures of it, and ask if I can change the date I booked should we find out the Blue/White game falls on the same day, but as of right now I booked us for the 20th and 21st. The address is 2225 High Tech Road, State College, PA 16803.

This new location is the town where I used to stay on Friday night the times I went to York. The motels were cheaper and I had no problems getting a room like I used to have when trying to stay in York with the train show and all. About 9 1/2 hours one way for me.

Yeah, it's a 2 hour difference for me. :( Unless I'd be able to carpool with someone, I won't be able to come anymore either. It's good that the show may get more attendance though.

for me it does not make much of a difference, but it certainly will be nice to not have to rush like crazy to get things cleaned up and out by 5pm.

It's about another hour or so for us, which will stink since our finances are becoming more strapped rather than less, and we'll have to leave earlier, but I still plan on being there. It'll definitely make for a longer day...

I guess it's the "York Show" no longer!

Nope, it's the Atlantic Chapter Show :) I fully intend to be there next year...it's been 2yrs since I put my animals in a show and I did some major reorganizing this year...SO with any luck I'll have a few nice ones born that I can show but State College is half the distance of York for me so I'm obviously happy with the move...and people in the Pitt/OH area will be more likely to attend as well.

Back