Fritz...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh crysta....im so sorry. you did so much for him and he was shown love by so many people. had he stayed with his previous owner, he wouldve died alone. i know that he was comforted, knowing you were there. you did an amazing job with him.

rest in peace sweet fritz, we all love you.

hugs for crysta.

I'm so sorry Crysta. He knows he was loved and he loved his mommy. I am so heart broken for you. If I lived closer to you I would drive to your house and give you a big hug right now. RIP Fritz. We all loved you.

I loved seeing it again :angel8: what a cutie pie he was. It's great you have these memories to hold onto. Sorry again.

Blessings to you sweet Fritz on your wonderful journey! You will be free from pain and neglect and you hold in your heart love for Crysta who will be with you again someday over the rainbow bridge!

I'm so glad Fritz had his time with you Crysta. Try to remember with you it was quality and not quantity--although the quantity was not nearly enough :(

Crysta, I'm so sorry Fritz lost his fight, but you did absolutely everything you could have for him, including setting him free. He was incredibly lucky to have been with you in you loving home, before he died. Keep the good memories close to your heart, and he will forever be with you. May he r.i.p.

I woke up this morning and I was like, "I wonder how Fritz is doing?" and came on here and found this... now I'm sitting here bawling. I know he was only in my care for a few hours, but I loved him enough for a lifetime.

I'm so sorry Crysta, please know that this wasn't your fault at all. If you didn't notice, no one would have. What a poor little buddy... but at least he got a taste of "the good life"...

Rest in peace, sweet prince.

I'm sorry to hear this bad news Crysta!

I don't cry easily and I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes. Fritz was such a wonderful rescue, so kind and gentle even after all the abuses he must have suffered prior to when I picked him up from his old owners. I can't bear to tell my wife as she has such a hard time seeing the chins come through when they stop over our house for a rail road.

Rest in peace sweet Fritz, you were and always will be a gentle fighter.

To both of you guys, Tiffany, Brittany, and Dana- you guys were the members I was most worried about with the news. I know you guys cared about him as much as I did. You helped in his life as much as I did. You got to meet him and see what a sweet disposition he had even after everything he had been through. Without you he wouldn't have gotten here. While he may not have had the best life here with all the wound cleanings, vet visits and meds, he did have love and all the food he ever wanted, which we all know he didn't have before. I truly can't ever thank you guys enough for all your help and giving me the ability to have the greatest little guy in my life if even for a short time.

Last edited:
Not only was Fritz a wonderful guy he brought out the best of many in his liberation into a loving home. I also don't believe he could have gotten better care and with all of his injuries and poor treatment just couldn't heal. Bless all of you who helped him, especially you Christa for providing him with the daily loving care that was his only chance.

Crysta, I'm so sorry for your loss. You tried your best with him. *hugs*

RIP Fritzy, you deserved so much better in your short life.

Oh, I'm so sorry Crysta. You (and everyone who helped out) made a loving home a reality for him and I'm sure he enjoyed his time with you. You gave him the best chance at life but unfortunately what happened couldn't have been forseen. Take comfort in knowing he is now at rest and pain-free.

RIP Fritz

Wow. I don't know you, Crysta and I didn't know Fritz but I am literally crying right now. I watched every video of him and read every post on his threads. Like everyone said, you gave him a fantastic life. And like Luci pointed out--imagine if you never got him? What his final weeks would have been like? That is a haunting thought which makes me very happy he had you to see him through to the end.

Crysta, I'm sure Fritz was extremely content and happy and pleased to be in your caring hands this past month. He went knowing he was loved and well cared for. RIP little guy.

:cry3: :tissue: Fritz! Our poor baby! I say our because I know everyone on this forum and anyone who physically came in contact with him loved him...but mostly you, Crysta. Oh, poor, poor Fritz!
:cry2:

I know there weren't any "signs" that you didn't see, because you are so careful and watchful of all your chinchillas, and this was especially true of Fritz, who was in your kitchen if I remember correctly.

Would it make you feel better to have the email address of the girl who owned him originally, so that you could perhaps tell her the bad news, or...I don't know. I don't know what would make you feel better right now, except to know that this was not your fault at all, and that you gave him the best life any chinchilla could have asked for. He probably thought he was already in heaven, which is why he didn't 'fight'. You are loved so much here and by all your animals past, present and future. Don't forget it.
Lots of love,
Brittany

Oh, Crysta I am so sorry. I remember seeing the picture of him taken from the side with his huge ears and fur mat. He was adorable. Run in peace little guy : )

Oh wow, I'm so sorry. His story was amazing, and he was so loved. You gave him a wonderful last bit of time, he had the chance to experience the love and care he didn't have before he came to you. All I can really say, is I am so deeply sorry

Latest posts

Back