Cage Pictures

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the cool thing about my cage is that the bottom slides out, so it makes it SUPER easy to clean. she spends most of the time in her hammock anyways, so i'm sure she will be okay. :) thanks a lot for letting me know about the log before it was too late, she had already chewed a lot of it.

I have that blue cage, the one tilly the chinchilla has, at the moment, the floor isn't dangerous at all. I took it out though and replaced it with fleece, i think its nicer on the feet.

i also agree about the wire bottom (the one melissas pic shows), gizmo has never gotten his feetsies caught. but at the moment, i CANNOT wait to get rid of that cage and buy a FN.

but at the moment, improvise and find ways to cover some parts of the cage.

and ash, what cage do you have? i really like it.

Luci, i have a Marshall's Penthouse. It was included in Smokie's adoption and was the only thing salvagable, aside from the wheel, to keep.

carole~anne what are the dimensions of that huge cage.
If you're meaning the big white melamine one then it's about 5' high by close to 4' wide and roughly 2' deep or close to that. Sorry, it's been a while since we made it and I don't have a measuring tape handy.

Here's as close to finished as Carlos' cage is at the moment. I like how he has easy access to all the shelves and they're placed in such a way that there's no big drops for him to fall and hurt himself. The wheels are awesome on this cage and are so smooth I can dance around the room with this thing, lol.

I will eventually add a few more things but I don't want it too cluttered b/c he really does like to zip around in there. The bottom right hand corner is where his new Chin Spin will go when I get one. Those sheet metal side pieces at the bottom are clipped on for the moment but will be screwed in permanently soon.

100_5058.jpg

100_5064.jpg

100_5062.jpg

100_5081.jpg

This is Carlos' old cage that I keep set up b/c the other boys just LOVE to play in there during playtime and I can lounge back on my couch, watch TV, put my arm in the cage and mess with them. It's really fun interacting with them that way.

100_5061.jpg

^^ Yes, I think he loves his cage so much that he has peed on every shelf to mark it as his own. :impatient:

Does anyone have any pics of a 4J's Plantation A frame cage all decked out? I ordered one of those today and would like to see what and all fits into it, so I know what to buy when I go shopping for Herby this weekend. I have a fleece hammock and tube coming to me from Sarah Ralston and I have a few other things in her cage right now that will be going in there. But would like to add a few more things, as well.

Well, I haven't gotten my chinchilla boy yet, but I've got his cage all set up (except food and toys) so I figured I'd show everyone while it was clean of poo and hay!
IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

It's no FN, but I really like it, I had it built by Four J's Plantation for $90. And my mom and I made liners for it, and the green tube on the side, and the tube on the bottom.
:thumbsup:

Is this one ?

Where did you guys buy those larger hammocks that stretch across the entire length of the cage? I'm thinking I need to buy one, I want to fill up the large open space in the center of the QC mansion and that looks like a great way to do it.

yep, that is one of them! And it looks like I will be able to fit a few more items in mine when I get it! Thanks!

Its not actually my cage ,i just remembered seeing it on the thread somewhere. We dont have these in england ,they look really stylish :thumbsup:

Where did you guys buy those larger hammocks that stretch across the entire length of the cage? I'm thinking I need to buy one, I want to fill up the large open space in the center of the QC mansion and that looks like a great way to do it.

I made one, I cut fleece a little bigger the the size I wanted, cut the edges to make ties and tied it to the cage bars. It worked GREAT and Lily loved it, but she peed on it so often that it was more trouble to clean then to have in there. So I re-arranged her cage so she couldn't fall.

Chibi, a lot of people who make hammocks will make them to custom length for not a whole lot of an additional charge. :)

We had a little closet off of our living room that was not deep enough for anything useful so my hubby turned it into a chinnie cage. The bottom part is perfect storage for all of his supplies.

Attachments

• SamCage.JPG
    SamCage.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 212
Holy cages!!!! Shelly needs a new home. Your cages are all amazing. My bf told me to take out her tube because he thought it took up too much room. So I did. I have it out in her play area, but she could care less. Should I put it back in???

17132_294870145151_576535151_4614943_925864_n.jpg

I got my chinchilla back in May from a friend who didn't want him anymore. He has been in a single level plastic bottomed cage (although I did give him a lot of playtime and toys). I finally saved up enough money to get him a new, awesome cage. Cage is a bird cage from craigslist (modified bottom since the grid was too large, and the grid in the front is covering a gap from where the pan & grid meet), bridge is from camphorchins, the couch (he doesn't care about the new cage, he plopped right down on that first), and tube are from quality mutation chinchillas, and corner ledges (up at the top, with the bridge) and mulberry ledges are from yummychinchillatoys. The rest of the ledges are made by me. He doesn't care about that hammock but I put it there in case he tries to jump and falls.

I hope that's enough run on sentences and parenthesis for everyone. Not as fabulous as everyone else's but I really love my chin's cage :))

Latest posts

Back