Blue Cloud at Petsmart

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it odd that the pic of the chin on the jar hasn't dusted in a while!

LOL They use "stock" photos of chins on packaging so much of the time. The chinchilla they have on the bags of my food looks absolutely terrible. I told a couple of the company reps that I would be happy to send them a new photograph of a good looking chin. :)

I think we need to create a blue cloud railroad system! Lol

Is blue cloud the best? The kaytee stuff is the best around here...if that tells you anything.

I haven't bought Kaytee in over 5 years but I think at one point they used Blue Sparkle for their dust. But yes, as Crysta said Blue Cloud is the best.

Awnna trade some blue cloud for some apple wood? Lol. Or is the shipping on thedust way too much?

Blue Cloud is what all the ranchers/breeders of show chinchillas use. It IS, without a doubt, the BEST dust you will ever use.

If you try it once, you will accept nothing else ever again!!! :thumbsup:

That's great! I actually called my local PetSmart to ask and they told me that they will no longer be getting the Kaytee dust, that it will be replaced by blue cloud, but I don't know about the others.

I recently came across some at a Petsmart. I was surprised to see it. I don't usually go there, but needed some Mazuri fast. I opened the dust and it smelled awful. So, I opened another container of it and they both smelled musty. As if they had been wet. It was gross and I wasn't going to buy it from them. Maybe it was just those batches? I hope so. It would be nice not to have to pay shipping on it. I am needing some very soon.

I know we're talking about Blue Cloud, but for the purposes of explaining....I had a bag of Blue Sparkle shipped to me from Ryersons... the bag was $14 and with shipping I paid $33 total. So shipping for me (though I'm only a state away from them, I don't know how much difference that makes) was $19. It would cost me more than $19 to drive to their place or to drive to the Shindig, so I was perfectly willing to pay the $19. Still cheaper than buying the little jar of 2.5 pounds of dust at the pet store for $10.

I opened the dust and it smelled awful. So, I opened another container of it and they both smelled musty. As if they had been wet.

This brought to mind a question Ive been thinking about: What is dust supposed to smell like? :hmm: I have 25 lbs of it here at the house and to me , it smells..well dusty. Can it go bad, like the food can?

These are just some of the random thoughts that pop into my head occasionally!

i am so happy to hear blue cloud is being sold there, last time i had to get a cheap pumice based "pet dust" neither kishi nor i are too happy with it, this means there is a chance i can find some actual good dust!

Latest posts

Back