Blue Cloud at Petsmart

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustbunnies

Mama of Pepper and Bunny
I was surprised today to see a jar of Blue Cloud Dust at Petsmart! It was distributed by Lixit. It was 3lbs for 10 dollars. It had a sign that said "new at petsmart"."

I screwed off the lid and it wasn't sealed...booooo. It felt a little rough but that may have been settling.

Is this the same stuff?

Sorry I didn't take a pic and it is not on the website yet.

If you have one or two chins its not too bad, LOL. I like the fact that Petsmart is trying to carry quality stuff like oxbow, mazuri and now blue cloud. Makes if easier for pet owners to have access to the stuff we recommend.

Haha..I agree Sumiko..I buy the 50 pound bags for $20. But not bad if you only have a few chins that don't use a lot. You could always buy from an online store, I'm not sure if it would come out even or cheaper with shipping though.

Definitely a good thing for those who don't know about forums and just buy Petsmart stuff, though. Much better than the nasty scented crap.

If you have one or two chins its not too bad, LOL. I like the fact that Petsmart is trying to carry quality stuff like oxbow, mazuri and now blue cloud. Makes if easier for pet owners to have access to the stuff we recommend.

Pet Supplies Plus up by me is doing the same thing! They now have Oxbow hay and Oxbow Guinea Pig food. I will still buy it it from those that I buy it from, but it is nice to know that I can buy it in a pinch if I ever need to.

Maybe all the comments and constructive criticism is starting to pay off. I know what they offer is pricey, but that's true of any pet store, so that doesn't bother me. It makes me glad to know they are offering better stuff for the chins.

I had heard about this last week but my store hasn't started carrying it yet. I was going to take a picture and post it when I finally saw it there. :p

That's about the same price as Kaytee, isn't it? Hopefully people will buy it.

There is nothing better than a freshly blue cloud dusted chin!! *ahchoo*

Thats good to hear, I need to tell my fiance's brother. He uses kaytee and thinks my chins are extremely soft. I offered to give him some of the blue cloud but i keep forgetting about it but now he can go out and get some himself. I was just there the other night and there were a few new things but i didn't notice the blue cloud. probably because i wasn't looking for it, lol.

Where do you guys order the 50 lbs bags for that price?? I'm somewhat new on the forum and still figuring things out.

I feel like petsmart carries dust because I buy so much! Id like to find a better quality and cheaper!!

I just looked up the shows in Indiana. It says there's a chindig (I think) in Aug then another something in a few months...but it's 6 hours away? Sheesh. Id love to go! But no ne I know here is chinchilla crazy like me! Which do you go to Stackie?

I am going to the shindig in August. I have been to the Nationals show in March twice but this will be my 1st time at the shindig. :))

Where do you guys order the 50 lbs bags for that price?? I'm somewhat new on the forum and still figuring things out.

I feel like petsmart carries dust because I buy so much! Id like to find a better quality and cheaper!!

If you don't make it to the shows you can try calling your local feeds. That is what I did. I ended up buying a 50 pound bag for my one chin. :neener: Needless to say she has enough dust to last a lifetime and it cost me $20.

I talked to my local petsmarts and they made changes as far as putting chillers, hay and taking carrots out. I think it just depends on the people who work there...I told the lady they should start carrying this dust too cause gah the chins look so greasy. Glad to see it.

I found out today, that it may have something to do with the fact that Martha Stewart now has a line of pet products at Petsmart. Maybe since she has chins she made a deal with them, who knows! It's nice that some have finally started listening and carrying safer stuff! :)

Latest posts

Back