Birkenstock Sandals?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, I can't justify it, if I had a reason then it would be different. I am a firm believe in going au naturelle... aka with "naked" feet!

But yea, I have horses, and I know what it's like to be wearing jeans and boots in the middle of summer, or even better yet, a 100 degree horse show day... can we say long sleeved shirt and chaps?! LOL The things we do for "fun"... :pillowfight:

Nancy - you're not alone...I can't wear 'em either. I have tried and tried to wear those things and I just can't. They hurt my feet no matter how long or how many days/weeks I try. I usually wind up with a cramp in the sole of my foot. I have found that I absolutely LOVE Born shoes/sandals though. They have got to be some of the most comfortable shoes out there. :)

I would rather be barefoot too, but can't go out like that. Stores don't like it. I keep breaking flipflops while I'm out, which usually results in a 20 min drive to get new shoes. My shoes are my most expensive article of clothing in my whole wardrobe. I go without a lot of things because I don't like spending money on me. Would rather it go to my son, something he needs now, or to save. But I've tried so many other shoes, and nothing is as comfortable to me. What my Birks could tell you, and the thing I've done to them... I can't kill them, so to me it's worth the money.

I used to be CONSTANTLY barefoot all summer too. My podiatrist said this was part of the cause along with wearing flat bottom shoes with no arch support and walking all day at work.

I've never heard of Born.

Edit: I found Born shoes. I like a lot of their styles. They are up there in price also.

Last edited:
My dad wears Birkenstocks.. He origionally got them because he had a nerve issue that had to get numbed all the time.. Well come to find out after having them for over a year he developed plantar fascitis. And just found out ast week he has heel spurs as well. The Doctor said to give he Birks the boot and my dad refuses because of the cost. BTW he got a 30% "Firefighters" discount.. I think the guy that sold him the shoes just had a crush on him though.. He remembered me when I went in 6 months later as the daughter to the guy with the sexy legs and nice feet.. :rolleyes:

I have it myself and I find the most comfortable pair of sandles I have put on my feet were a pair of sandles I bought through my sorority online store.

Are most of you buying your birks at a local store or online? I don't think I have any stores nearby that sell birks anymore and wondering if I should buy online, even though I won't be able to try them on. I don't remember what size I used to wear...

I found a store 28 miles away so I'm going to go check them out this weekend. Zappos.com offers free returns if you get a pair of shoes and they don't fit or you don't like them.

Good luck Brenda! I hope that you get the releif from them as I have! (crossing fingers that the PF doesnt reoccur!) I would pay the 75.00 - 90.00 for the releif they have given me any day!

I love my Birkies Brenda and I wear them year round! They don't take that long to break in. I wear mine around the house and stomp around to get the mold right. With the right pair of wool socks, your feet stay toasty in the winter time!

I'm bringing this thread up because I started it when I was THINKING about buying a pair of birkenstock sandals for my bad feet. Well I did buy them and I LOVE them. I bought the soft cork bed ones. I think they saved my feet. I wear them constantly around the house. I have to get a new pair because I've worn the cork down. This time I think I'm going to buy the ones that look a little more feminine lol I do wish they were cheaper but compared to the pain I used to have, I think they are worth it.

Yay I'm glad they helped! I have an old pair from a friend's mom and we happened to be the same size. They did mold to her feet and it's not exactly the shape of my feet but almost and they're quite comfy. I used to wear them all the time before it got cold. I got made fun of a bit, hehe, probably because I'm in my twenties and wearing shoes that are likely as old as I am.

I had no idea they were expensive, or I must have forgot. Maybe that's why my friend's mom wanted to give them away instead of chucking them.

Back