Anyone have a gas stove and a cat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, thank you everyone for replying. It made me feel a lot better and I just took the knobs off and stuck them in the drawer next to the oven.

Stacey--oh, no, I didn't think people were dismissing my concern, just not sharing it and I wasn't sure I understood it. I think it is just personal choice since it seems as if it is a rare occurrence anyhow. But for me, gas and fire are a little too serious to just bank on the fact that he will probably never touch them. Although I understand that it may seem overprotective to others (maybe I'll mellow out in time about it). I've never had a gas stove before this year, and we actually had the pilot light blow out when we first moved in so the whole concept just freaks me out.

We also have taken into account cords and other things. Most of the cords are not on the ground but there are a few behind the TV and there's nowhere to put them. He's never chewed them that I've seen and it's pretty much blocked by stacks of movies, the stand itself and whatnot,. He got behind there once or twice and ended up just sitting on the cords and tried to figure out how to get back out again. And we blocked the space under the oven, although now he's filled out a bit I'm not sure he could fit but we're keeping it blocked as that was also one of the first cat proofing measures we took.

He's a lovely kitty and very fun to play with and he's really mushy when he's not trying to kill everything.

Ok, ok. Took me a while to get to the store for some batteries. But here's Ninja (roomie named him, hehe), just think--3 seconds before these pictures were taken he was trying to rip the flesh off my leg. D'aawwwwww...

Attachments

• ninja.jpg
    ninja.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 76
  • ninja2.jpg
    ninja2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 77
  • ninja3.jpg
    ninja3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 82
  • ninja4.jpg
    ninja4.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 77
Ok, ok. Took me a while to get to the store for some batteries. But here's Ninja (roomie named him, hehe), just think--3 seconds before these pictures were taken he was trying to rip the flesh off my leg. D'aawwwwww...

I know the feeling, Sasha is the same way ahahaaa. Ninja is adorable. I love his markings :)

thank you for posting pics! Ninja is adorable and looks soooo lovable! I'm such a cat nut...I'd have a million if my husband would let me, lol.

Latest posts

Back